cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account error

Threedenim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for the promotion yesterday and need to verify my phone number, but I'm not receiving the verification code. What should I do?

9 REPLIES 9

Hey @Threedenim 

It's weird it's not allowing you this. Please reach out to a CS Agent using the chat box in the bottom right corner. It may take several hours for them to respond due to the new promotions that came out.

Threedenim

IMG_4080.jpeg

When I press "Resend message," the same screen appears without saying "Resend email." Can you help me translate this into English? 

Threedenim

IMG_4080.jpeg

 When I press "Resend message," the same screen appears without saying "Resend email." Can you help me translate this into English?

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Threedenim - does it ask before that page to send a 6 digit code to your phone? Or does it just ask that what it is showing after entering the email & password.

If it says that 6 digit code with a 5 minute expiration time after you enter in your email and password, follow @Chalupa_Batman 's suggestion.

If it says that we are confirming identity and you press continue and it shows that screen, then it won't have the email fallback usually, which try your old SIM card if you ported from another provider to PM, if it is receiving all of the EverSafe ID Verification Codes, click here for the porting number that I sent you: Messages

Hey @Threedenim 

Sorry I was at work all day. Hope my answer isn't too late.

Click on the resend code multiple times till it shows email as an option.

Threedenim

IMG_4079.jpeg

 This kind of screen is showing up.

Threedenim

IMG_4079.jpeg

This kind of screen is showing up.

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Threedenim - Did you use your existing phone number, if so, try your old SIM. If you don't have it, try login to your old provider, if it works, click here for the porting team number: Messages

Usually when you first activate there will be no Email Fallback for 2FA, only SMS.

Commonly 2FA from PM you will notice if it doesn't send but insert your old SIM it will work.

If you didn't initiate a transfer from your old provider to PM, contact CS_Agent here: 

⬇️Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for an agent because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Threedenim 

Try this.

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone?

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screenshot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709678415407.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1709678415382.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your keypad.

You should now be able to get into your account.

Created by Chalupa Batman

Need Help? Let's chat.