cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Public Mobile phone number just changed all of a sudden

PetraSphinx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anybody had this problem before? All of a sudden, 1-2 hours ago I discovered that I had a new number! I have been with P.M. for 2 months and definitely did not ask for a new number. It just happened. How can I get my old number back?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Glad to hear @GIE

Enjoy your day and your services 😉

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

GIE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for your help you in resolving the issue Mary_M. All is working again now. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @GIE

I have received your private message and will look into this for you!

Please keep an eye out of my message.

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

GIE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am now experiencing the same issue with my Public Mobile number suddenly changing.  Could any moderators or staff help me?

When I phone my number, it is saying not in service!  My account is paid and active.  My phone settings reads another number that is definitely not mine.

Please help!

PetraSphinx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone for your solutions! Much appreciated. I will keep you posted

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PetraSphinx please keep us posted as to the progress on this when you have a moment.  Hopefully @Shazia_K is well on her way to resolving for you, assuming you've already sent her your phone numbers.  

@Luddite nice find on the related thread!  Hopefully that incident will be helpful for Shazia in troubleshooting.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @PetraSphinx,

I'm sorry to hear about this, although, this is a very odd situation. 

I will be glad to look into this and see what has caused this to happen. Would you mind sending me both numbers (old and new) please send it to me via private message.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@PetraSphinx I just found this has been reported before Random change and resolved. Hopefully you will also be successful.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

That is weird. I doubt anyone on the forum will be able to help so you will need to wait for a moderator: @Kalla_A @Mary_M or @Shazia_K. If you have no response within 24 hours let us know.

The only thought I have is to reboot the phone, toggle airplane mode off/on, or remove the SIM for a few minutes then reinsert.

BTW: How do you know the number has changed?

Hang in there; there is help on the way.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.