cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Add-on is incorrect

publicmobilewen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I added a second US Talk-TXT- 3gb data add-on to my account on Feb. 1st for $30, however the system is showing ONLY a 3 GB Data Add-on for $25... which is not even a listed add-on. What happened to my Talk-Txt portion? Please fix this as it goofed us up pretty bad trying to make a hotel reservation while travelling on the road tonight.

9 REPLIES 9

Yes, it's been this way as long as I can remember. It's quite ridiculous. I think you might want to check your cash flow in your payment history and also credit card (it will show taxes in) to make sure you're out the proper amounts and you got and used what you paid for. You might have a balance. That data should be showing above the Shop Add-ons button. Did you click that little spinner refresh icon under Shop Add-ons? If you have a balance and you don't show the data then it didn't really purchase properly either.

Let us know if the talk/text works now. Let us know if data works (not on wifi).

publicmobilewen

Ahhhhhh... yes, now I see what you are saying. The fact that I currently have this mysterious "US 3 GB Data Only" package already active is why it does not currently show as an available add-on. I don't recall seeing it, however yes, it is what my receipt says... and I apparently did not correctly re-order the US Talk-Txt-3 GB data package again because it was NOT showing... since my previous order still had a day or so left on it. Wow... now that is NOT user-friendly at all... is it? Sheesh... just let a client order and stack packages that are periodic... if I want to buy three of these, so I am covered for 45 days.... why not? Can you imagine if your water or electric bill worked that way... "I'm sorry sir, you can't purchase more electricity until you've used this months up."

My goodness... well thank-you dust2dust for resolving my quandry. I did get a reply from Support, but they did not even suggest this as the source of my problem nor do I think they realized this. I'll just add the Talk-TXT now for $15 and consider it a lesson learned... but seems PublicMobile needs to address this.

publicmobilewen

Hi... first, thank-you everyone for trying to help... it is appreciated. I have logged into my account numerous times, from Canada and the US... I have refreshed... I have looked everywhere... I have used both Chrome and Edge. I go to "Plan and Add-Ons"... then "Shop Add-Ons" at the bottom of the Add-On Usage section/column... under the Bundle tab there is US Roaming Talk-Txt 15 day for $15... and there is US Roaming Talk-Txt 3 GB Data 15 day for $30. Under the Data tab there is US Roaming 250 MB Data 15 day for $10 and US Roaming 1 GB Data 15 day for $20. I even received a note back from Customer support saying I ordered the 3 GB Data only package, adn yes that is what my receipt says that I found in my emails... but my goodness.... where the heck is this package... how did I order this when I can't even find it? Wow... please, someone show me where this package is? Under Add-ons, for US.... I only see two under Bundles, two under data and nothing for US Roaming under Minutes. 

publicmobilewen

HI... sorry, but from what I am reading... the FAQ states that if you purchase two Add-ons... that the start-stop dates are independent... it does not state that you need to wait 24 hours in-between.... which would be very awkward and inconvenient as well.

Your payment history starting from Jan 18 to now would be helpful. (not credit card)

When a roaming add-on is active, it is not visible in the "shop". That would be why you don't see the 3gb data. But you should see it as an add-on above the Shop Add-ons button.

What balance do you have?

Re-buying the same add-on has always been the tricky part here. With the new system and the new roaming add-ons, some of us have wondered if any of that had changed. It doesn't look like it. When the day counter turns to 0/15 you still need to wait either 12 or 24 hours to re-buy the same one. The roaming add-ons expire exactly 360 hours after purchase. Not midnight. Not the same day. 360 hours.

You can ask support at expiry to re-buy for you if you like.

But the workaround is to buy the different bundle after expiry without the wait if you need talk and text and you can still buy a different data add-on.

But the fact that it's all messed up now you will need support to sort it all out.

HI @publicmobilewen   oh, you re-buying a 2nd time.  did you buy right after the first expired?  Maybe that is why.  Buying same roaming, you need to wait 24 hours after the first one expired.

I think you need to open ticket with CS agent for them to manually add the roaming addon back

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

publicmobilewen

Hi... I see 250 MB US data for $10 and 1 GB US data for $20. I see no US add-on of any combination for $25.

Yes, there was a previous Talk-TXT-3GB data purchased Jan 18th. On the day it was to expire, I purchased a renewal... a second purchase of that same package. I did not purchase a 3GB data only US package, and I do not even see such a package.

The FAQ's clearly state that if overlapping packages are purchased, each begins and expires independently. However, their example uses one Talk-TXT-Data package and one Data only package. So... all in all... it appears they have a glitch in the system... both with a nonexistent package (at least as far as what my account shows) and a statement regarding overlapping add-ons that is either not entirely clear or perhaps accurate.

🙄 "I am now aware you cannot see an Add-On in the purchase list if you have one of the same currently purchased and operating. In other words, you cannot stack Add-Ons. Its very inconvenient, however that's the way it is right now. I went to renew, and did not realize what I ordered was different from what I had that was still "operating or functioning." 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@publicmobilewen 

There is this one available for $25, did you add this one on at any point?

US Roaming - 3 GB Data (15-day) $25

But you said you wanted this one :

US Roam-Talk Txt 3 GB Data(15d) $30

and it does not show up, even after refreshing like @hTideGnow suggested?

Try looking up your payment history details to confirm what was and wasn't purchased.

We are customers like you and cannot fix anything on your account for your. If you are in a rush to get this fixed and services are not working connect with CSA before they close for the night.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Edit, was the $30 addon one you had already purchased prior to this and were using it successfully? If so this could be the issue of buying back to back roaming addons with the first one fully being used up to its 360 hours (plus extra glitchy time, silly!). But if this is the case, you will need CSA to sort this out for you.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @publicmobilewen   

maybe a browser cache problem?

Try to use Incognito/Private/Secret mode to login My Account and check again, 

and click the Refresh Spinner 

and try to connect to T-Mobile and start with text, see if it works. 

Need Help? Let's chat.