cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Murphy's Law - locked out

Meeko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a rule that says you will get locked out of your account when there is no support available? In this case, it's my mom's account. Her phone stopped working, I realized she would have been due for renewal, and she never updated her account with a new credit card expiry date.

Password reset won't work due to being locked out. So guess we wait for morning and hopefully a quick mod response (I set up a community account for her and sent a PM) If only 611 would let you update credit card info so that renewal could happen. 

4 REPLIES 4

@Meeko wrote:

I waited another hour and gave the password reset a try - worked this time. So that error message they give sucks (says contact support or something...not wait an hour to try the reset) So all fixed. 

Note to others, if password reset isn't working for a locked account - wait an hour before trying the password reset again. At least I knew the answer to her security question - she forgets everything. 

Thank you for letting us know!

Meeko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I waited another hour and gave the password reset a try - worked this time. So that error message they give sucks (says contact support or something...not wait an hour to try the reset) So all fixed. 

Note to others, if password reset isn't working for a locked account - wait an hour before trying the password reset again. At least I knew the answer to her security question - she forgets everything. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure if it is worth it or possible for you right now.

I think it's worth it.

I've had my service Suspended a couple times (because I simply forgot to login to Self-Serve after buying vouchers, lol) and it instantly reactivated itself after I actually made the payment.

At worst it won't work but the prepaid balance will be enough to pay for the plan and it'll get used up before the credit card is charged - but it can only help speed reactivation when the mods do their stuff to your account.  You might even need to contact them again to get a failed ($2 or $6) AutoPay Reward credited back into your account, although this isn't very urgent as long as it's corrected before the next payment date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meeko, the only other thing you could try would be to get a voucher, and apply it using *611.  Not sure if it is worth it or possible for you right now.

Need Help? Let's chat.