cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mods not responding to port-in request

JoanneSchiebel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Signed up 2 days ago, PM'd mods to port over my number from Koodo, but no one has replied. I've tried PM'ing again but still no reply.

Is this usual? Last time I ported in a family member they responded to PM within 15 minutes and completed the port. 

Very frustrating that we have a temporary# now for 2 days and no one can text us.

5 REPLIES 5

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you tried to call the phone number you asked to have ported? It maybe done and this is a good way to check. If the Public Mobile phone rings with the Koodo number you asked to have ported then you know it is done. If not you could always try to port your number yourself on their website and see if that would work ( ven though it says if you are porting from Koodo to Public Mobile best to contact moderators). I tried this myself as I was with Koodo and moving to Pubic Mobile  and it worked. 

Cheers. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JoanneSchiebel wrote:

Signed up 2 days ago, PM'd mods to port over my number from Koodo, but no one has replied. I've tried PM'ing again but still no reply.

Is this usual? Last time I ported in a family member they responded to PM within 15 minutes and completed the port. 

Very frustrating that we have a temporary# now for 2 days and no one can text us.

Unfortunately, no much that we can do but wait for the moderator.

For the time beign,

1.  you need to keep your current Koodo number active in order to port your number to be ported.  If you need to topup your Koodo account, take a screenshot of the payment and hopefully PM may give you credit for the amount.  YMMV

2.  continue to use your Koodo SIM card until it stops working.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JoanneSchiebel sorry about the delays, but depending on the traffic it is normal to not hear from a MOD for up to 3 days, I've heard even longer depending on how busy they are.  Just a heads up, constantly sending them messages won't change anything, and won't speed up any response time.  It's a first come first serve triage, so your fist message is what they will see first once they've gotten passed all the other messages from other customers that came before yours.  So unfortunately you'll just have to play the waiting game for now.  Hopefully you'll hear from them within the next 24 hours.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JoanneSchiebel wrote:

@JoanneSchiebelJust a reminder, If it's Koodo postpaid then it can be done via the selfserve site for Koodo prepaid accounts you need to wait for the moderators to reply back. If it's been 2 days you should be getting a reply soon.

In the meantime just continue to use your Koodo SIM card until it stops working once that happens it means the the port is complete and you can start using the PM sim with the ported number.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JoanneSchiebel, there has been some recent issues affecting numerous customers accounts.  So the moderator team workload is unusally high.  Unfortunately, response time could be protracted.  Please be patient, they will get to your case. 

Need Help? Let's chat.