cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator Response Times

daringough
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'm just wondering what experiences others have had when activating. I tried activating almost two days ago now. Initially I got a failed activation but moments later an email saying welcome to the community and the payment was taken. Since then I have not been able to access my account and my SIM is not working. To make matters worse my bell phone number that I'm trying to port is still working but I'm not able to receive texts from Telus Koodo contacts. I've sent two help requests and then yesterday figured out how to register on the forums and sent two direct messages to shazia and Mary. Still no reply. I'm not trying to complain as I'm new to this and normally wouldn't stress before the 48 hour window was reached as I know they are busy but I'm really in a binde as I use this phone for work also. I'm just wondering if others have delays like this when trying to contact the mods?
14 REPLIES 14

daringough
Port finished successfully and I'm able to access my acount and change plan over to 40 a month. Goodbye to bell forever😀

daringough
I just got a reply to my issues. Basically the glitches in the system are what causes my port to fail and even account to be created. Sadly it will be another 2 days possibly before it's fixed. That will put me without a working phone for at least 4 days meaning my bell phone is missing many texts from certain carriers. I sure hope once activated these types of glitches don't happen or this will not be a good option to use as a work phone.

Hey everyone, I feel your pain, I really do.

The biggest issue is that there are the 'glitches' that have been occurring for now, over 3 months.  About 2 months ago, I suggested in the PublicLab that they concentrate on fixing the glitches, so that many of these issues wouldn't occur anymore.

I had the billing / plan change issue when the new plans came out in summer, and when I switched from 30 to 90 day, my plan didn't renew correctly.  I'm going to see the same thing in December, becuase I've prescheduled my plan change for the 12GB plan.  I know it's going to happen again to me, so I'm fully aware of what I need to do.

Putting more effort into fixing the glitches, will help aleviate the volume of problems.  This should be the priority.

Emissary

Response times are definitely lagging, and I understand that they're busy. But it's problematic when your port gets stuck and you're left with two SIM cards from two different carriers, neither of which completely works. I've been swapping SIM cards back and forth depending on whether I need to receive texts from Telus or other customers, or need to take calls.

boldventure
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

they should have faster response time given that this situation is expected. In case they received more issues than the regular then more moderators should get involve in fixing things so that it won't pile up.

mine has no service after activating last night so I am hesitant to activate another sim

trapper

I'm at over 62 hours now with my PM having not even been read, let alone having a reply back.

That being said 2 people I work with had their phone's switched over in 30 minutes with the automatic system.

PaladinPhil

My issue with the email response is that I opened a ticket, got a response, and that opened another ticket.  Trying to get my number ported over seems to be taking more time then I expected.  Been trying to get my service set up since Wednesday afternoon and I hope I get it resolved by today.

Char21

I'm in the same boat.  Waiting now since Wednesday night.  No response yet from public mobile.

clogan2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Even with the mess of the promo and how popular it has been, I've been able to get a response within 12 business hours. I would expect a response today.

I've never had any luck with the email support (admittedly, I haven't tried it in many months), I stick to the forums.

Stormy

I realize that the mods are busy, but when you send a PM at 8 AM and it gets read at 3 PM you would expect a response of some kind especially when you see the mod in question responding to other posts on the forum up to 2 hours after reading the PM.

daringough
I hear you, I said some of what you just said also about this new plan. I would not complain for two or three days of interrupted cell service if I wasn't using this for work. I just assumed the automated web site would be smooth and seamless. But I am non the less excited once I am up and running to say goodbye to bell forever.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

you guys do know that MANY MANY MANY people like yourselves are taking advantage of the sweet deal they have going right now. Things may take some time.

As long as you have made a post about your issue (other experienced users can help troubleshoot) then when we cannot help, we will request a mod assistance. Too many people are contacting them for the smallest of things and it takes time for them to respond. Most questions can be answered here or the knowledgebase, they are usefull for incomplete ports or update in plans (all will be done). 

I am guessing there are 1000s of new users because of this and they have 4 mods for support (why four because the SUPER LOW PRICE; they actually just added 1 more to help). if you expect support like Bell or Rogers where you just need to wait 2-3 hours to get a hold of someone and then another 2-3 days waiting, then expect to pay double. Still faster imo to wait here. 

When the promo is done, expect response time to be fast under normal business hours. 

daringough
Thanks for the reply. Being new to this I'm thinking they are probably busy with the 40 dollar a month plan. I like the idea of this company but must say it's a little frustrating when you can't call someone for a solution. I never thought I'd say that as every time I had to call bell it took years off my life😉

Stormy

Signed up, activated SIM around 6PM Nov. 2. SIM seemed to activate fine but can't receive calls or texts (like a lot seem to be getting the past few days). PM'ed Shazia yesterday moring around 8 AM and haven't received and response yet, now 24 hours later.

Need Help? Let's chat.