cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile network not connected

Wez-leigh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I upgraded to the 4g network a couple days ago and now my phone is having problems connecting to the mobile network. I don't have access to text, calling, or data and my account states everything is active. I have reset my mobile network settings and restarted my phone several times with limited temporary success.

4 REPLIES 4

Wez-leigh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It works so far hopefully it doesn't drop again in 30 mins

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Wez-leigh maybe just a network issue in yiur area??  Does your phone status shows not connected to PM network at all? Any ststus bar??  Try couple things:

1. reseat yiur sim card.  Power off, then remove yiur sim card for a mins , then put it back and power on

2. try to change the preferred network type to 3G ONLY and see if it connects 

3. try your sim card on another phone

4. try to use your phone and aim card o  another area ro confirm it is not a local network issue

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Wez-leigh - even though your new speed may be delay upon a plan change, you still should be able to use all your services.

Can you move your sim card into another phone to see if services work? Sometimes the act of removing the sim into another phone, powering it on, then moving the sim card back into your phone may retrigger your account/network.

What happens when you call you number from another line? Do you receive a message, or just goes to your voicemail?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Wez-leigh 

It has been suggested to me by another that moving from 3G to 4G may take a couple of days with PM (perhaps they're working out the kinks???).    

Try removing the SIM card and inserting it in another PM compatible device to see if that device can pick up the 4G signal.

Need Help? Let's chat.