cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistakenly given points, and point designations

GiraffeHat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recieved a text saying Reward points were mistakenly given Mar 2nd, and it was going to be taken back.

Now there's no record on the 2nd, but I have a number of weird credit gains, I'm not sure what they're for, exactly. 

One was 1.00 Point "Give Back"

One was 6.00 Point "10% Rate Plan Reward", which is self explanatory

And one was 1.50 Points "Points-Back", which was on the same day as a 1.00 Point "Refer a friend", which is again self explanatory.

Anyone know what the "Give back" and "Points-back" means? The best I can figure is one is the Non-promo bill credit and the other is another adjustment after they mistakenly took back too much, but IDK.

14 REPLIES 14

GiraffeHat

Ultimately it's a $40 plan broken into $30 and $10, but your point still stands. Thank you for the reply!

GiraffeHat

That's a really helpful comment. I do get what you mean about separating the costs, and you're probably right that that's what the discrepancy was. Thanks for all the info!

@GiraffeHat wrote:

Looking at my payment history, I'm on a $30, 15GB 4G speed plan, and it also charged $10 for "30-day plan".

I'm honestly not sure what the $10 charge is for.

HI @GiraffeHat  

PM breaks down all plans in to 2 line items on the transaction.

So, your $30 plan will be split into $10 for the "30 day plan" and $20 for the data

@GiraffeHat wrote:

Looking at my payment history, I'm on a $30, 15GB 4G speed plan, and it also charged $10 for "30-day plan".

It's just another idiosyncracy of Public Mobile's account system. Not sure if it's a leftover from the old, long gone plan builder days.

The $10 is the base cost, then your features are on top. Like a "your plan is active" fee that the system needs in order  to add your specific data feature. $10 +[$30] = $40 advertised plan cost for the promo 15GB plan

On the $15 plan the listing would be $10 "base plan", $5 for the 100 minutes Canada wide talk. etc.

Edit

Can't really help with the point's conundrum... But if you used a referral code, you got a $10 credit. The auto-pay charge to your credit card would have been $30.

You only get points on the amount you actually spend, so this payment period it would have been correct to only 5% of $30 = 1.5 points and bonus points 10% of $30 = 3 points.

Once you are back to paying the full $40 it's 5% of $40 = 2 points plus, for the duration of the promo, 10% of $40 = 4 points.

If you redeem points for a bill credit you will again only get points on paid money = plan cost - bill credit.

I assume that the 6 points was what the errenous points text was about?

HI@GiraffeHat   if your 5% is 1.5, the 10% is 3.  Look like you have 2 times 10%.  Maybe the extra bonus is for two payments?  did you get the 10% bonus from last payment?

GiraffeHat

That's legitimately the only reason I'm not hesitating to ask low urgency questions I probably wouldn't care about otherwise. 😂 

I'm here for the tiny incentives. I'd love to help others more, and try to, but tbh there are so many speedy and knowledgeable replies (such as ones from yourself and others who replied here) that I don't stand a chance. So I'll just keep throwing bravos around and commenting low effort stuff. 

GiraffeHat

@esjliv   1.5 - 5% and 6 for 10% ,   I don't see the number add up too

@GiraffeHat - by the promo return do you mean the 3x bonus on new activations?

The 1.50 5% is that the $30 plan? That would be 5% in points to your account.

The 6.00 10%, is this the 3x promo you mean?

Do you have a list of points transactions that explains this to you in your My Account?

@GiraffeHat   I have a crystal ball 🔮, I see you will have 1 Give-Back point again next month, if and only if you participate a bit more here

And if you try to help out others more, I see 2, 5, 10, 15 points for you as well  😂

GiraffeHat

Thank you all for your explanations. I'm happy to see my participation counted towards something. 🥲

Initially I kinda assumed that the promo return would stack with the regular in one deposit. And actually, it's kinda weird that the 5% is 1.50 points while the 10% bonus is 6.00.

Anyone have any ideas about that discrepancy?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GiraffeHat   Give Back is the Community rewards.  If you have posted  enough and got enough bravos, you will get the Community rewards

@GiraffeHat wrote:

I recieved a text saying Reward points were mistakenly given Mar 2nd, and it was going to be taken back.

Now there's no record on the 2nd, but I have a number of weird credit gains, I'm not sure what they're for, exactly. 

One was 1.00 Point "Give Back"

One was 6.00 Point "10% Rate Plan Reward", which is self explanatory

And one was 1.50 Points "Points-Back", which was on the same day as a 1.00 Point "Refer a friend", which is again self explanatory.

Anyone know what the "Give back" and "Points-back" means? The best I can figure is one is the Non-promo bill credit and the other is another adjustment after they mistakenly took back too much, but IDK.

Give-back is for Community participation while Points-back refers to the points given for spending money.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@GiraffeHat 

"Give back" is the Community Rewards.

"Points-back" is the "5% back for every dollar spent"

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules

Also, I have seen other posts about text being sent out in error about this.

Need Help? Let's chat.