cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistake in activating 2 account

linuxmtl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

During activation was distracted and assigned sim card with my number to my wife account and same for my wife...  possible to assigned sim card with good number to the good account?

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@linuxmtl wrote:

During activation was distracted and assigned sim card with my number to my wife account and same for my wife...  possible to assigned sim card with good number to the good account?

If you activated a SIM and transferred whatever number in then that account has that number. If you activated another SIM and transferred another number in then that account has that number. However and whichever phone either SIM goes in to doesn't matter.

Hopefully you used your first referral code for the second account. Hopefully you used a new unique email address for the second account.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@linuxmtl 

you can actually just take the SIM out of your phone and put it in your wifes phone and vice versa. The SIM is not locked to your phone. 

A Bell Rep did this to me a few years ago and he just said oops and asked me for my phone and swapped them. 

After that youll be good to go!

Wait I re read that, Did you try to activate two accounts with the same email? I dont think that is possible. Or you just accidently swapped numbers when you ported. If its the latter then just follow what I had previously said. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@linuxmtl Did you port your old number to your wifes PM account and your wifes old number to yours? during account activation. Is that what your trying to say. If thats the case you will have to contact a moderator to switch over the email addresses as you cant port numbers between PM accounts. You can also edit both accounts and change the names in self serve then swap the SIM card to your phone.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@linuxmtl 

Not exactly sure what happened to your accounts.  

However, as community members, we have no access to customer's accounts.  You will need to contact moderator to get your two accounts sorted out.  

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@linuxmtl if you activated 2 Sims to the same email account. Then you need to contact the moderators, give them a new email, the phone number that you would like switched over to it  and ask them to switch it.

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did you port the numbers?

If yes you can postdate the plan change to appropriate one and switch sims.

You will have to live with the wrong plan for 30 days. 

If it's not possible, really wrong plan for you, you could either buy add-ons or possibly ask moderators of it's possible to credit you for the wrong plan and move you to the right one. Make sure you have enough balance to cover the difference

Need Help? Let's chat.