cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed Calls

Findingnemo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been with public mobile for over a year and its been great. However, recently several people (I think 4x now) have called me and I've had my phone on me and it doesn't even display that I had a  missed call. I didn't recieve the call AT ALL! Any suggestions? They then text me afterwards and I get that for some reason. I do normally get phone calls, but just sometimes I don't.  

5 REPLIES 5

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Findingnemo wrote:

I've been with public mobile for over a year and its been great. However, recently several people (I think 4x now) have called me and I've had my phone on me and it doesn't even display that I had a  missed call. I didn't recieve the call AT ALL! Any suggestions? They then text me afterwards and I get that for some reason. I do normally get phone calls, but just sometimes I don't.  

@FindingnemoI would do a factory reset, if that doesn't help try a different phone. Sometimes there are issues either hardware or software with the phone that may cause this to happen even though everything else may seem to be working as it should. Years ago I had a phone that had a similar issue. I would miss calls all the time but a soon as I switched to a new phone the issue was gone. When I switched back for testing purposes the same result occurred. Something with that phone even after factory resetting and having network service it would randomly not accept calls. I first started to notice this because I would get a "missed call" notification from the carrier but I never missed a call, or see I got voicemail but no ring.

I would suggest starting with just a phone app refresh.  Delete app data, force close and restart.  If that doesn't do it, then progress to factory reset.  I am fortunate to have had no major hardware problems on any phone that I have purchased over the years.  I do need to troubleshoot small issues here and there.  Never has factory reset been used as the solution.  From a cost /benefit perspective, factory reset is quite costly in time to restore everything from original.  

This. Always do the least intrusive method first. Just restarting your phone is step 1. Factory restore is at the end of the chain. Just one thing to add from @will13am, I do not like software "auto" doing anything, nor do I trust it. I am old school in terms of tech. I don't want a GUI, I want a prompt with a flash curser waiting for user input, and I want to confirm my manually created backups with hash verification. not sure about iphones but it is absolutely incredible using the google back up system. You literally just click "back up data" to a google account, flash phone or get a new phone, when you login with the new phone it will restore your contacts, app data, app preferences, settings, your game saved files, your alarm clock, wifi connections, text messages, call history, launcher, desktop positions, widgets, call recordings, photos, etc basically everything on the phone except a couple of files you probably manually placed in directories.

Of course I always suggest hooking up a usb cable and copying everything first / using full rom backup software... just wanted to say how well it works, coming from someone that hates backup software.

@RobertQc wrote:

@Findingnemo wrote:

@FindingnemoI would do a factory reset, if that doesn't help try a different phone. Sometimes there are issues either hardware or software with the phone that may cause this to happen even though everything else may seem to be working as it should. Years ago I had a phone that had a similar issue. I would miss calls all the time but a soon as I switched to a new phone the issue was gone. When I switched back for testing purposes the same result occurred. Something with that phone even after factory resetting and having network service it would randomly not accept calls. I first started to notice this because I would get a "missed call" notification from the carrier but I never missed a call, or see I got voicemail but no ring.

I would suggest starting with just a phone app refresh.  Delete app data, force close and restart.  If that doesn't do it, then progress to factory reset.  I am fortunate to have had no major hardware problems on any phone that I have purchased over the years.  I do need to troubleshoot small issues here and there.  Never has factory reset been used as the solution.  From a cost /benefit perspective, factory reset is quite costly in time to restore everything from original.  

@slash407 wrote:

ask ur friends if the call went through on there end or did it go straigth to voicemail. If it went straight to voicemail then u wouldnt get a missed call. It happens to all of us i think, someone said on here before that PM takes low priority compared to telus or koodo, so during busy times in the day when the data is flooding the towers, koodo and telus customers take precedent over PM calls, but i doubt it would be any real problem if thats the case. Freedom and rogers are way worse overall, so its miniscule stuff

@slash407Not true.

Confirmed by public mobile representitive

@Jeremy_M wrote:
@mihwrote:

Considering switching from Bell to PM...Called Bell, and their retentions guy said that the service on the 'lower tier' providers on the Bell/Telus network is not the same.  

Specifically, he said that during load/busy times, one often might not get calls or messages through on the 'lower tier' providers, such as PM and Virgin, as the primary ones (or whatever wording he used for Bell/Telus) would get prioirity.

Any truth to this?

Hogwash at its best!Robot wink

It should also be noted, retention departments out right lie to keep you from switching. If it means you will not leave their service they can tell you next weeks 649 Jackpot numbers.

All the other claims for network prioritization differences between bell/telus vs koodo/pm are speculation. Unless we start talking about carrier is other countries.

But whats the point in my tagging you @slash407 when you never come back.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Findingnemo wrote:

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Phone not ringing could be because of a weak phone antenna. Some are a little better than other models. It could also be a weak signal or capacity issue of the tower that is nearest you. If someone calls you when there is a temp network problem, that could make it go directly to voice mail. 

Do you have other people there who use Public Mobile?  Is anyone else in your area reporting problems to you?

Need Help? Let's chat.