cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages sometimes taking over a day to arrive

mom2joey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been missing very important messages sometimes. I am on 3 g and don't know if that is the issue since I never used to have this problem I have been with public for 2 Years. Any ideas.

5 REPLIES 5

@mom2joey wrote:

Thanks for the advice but I have no idea how to empty my cache on my messages. I use an iPhone. 

Does this help for how to clear cache @mom2joey : https://www.panfone.com/data-erase/clean-message-cache-on-iphone.html

Delayed messages, I would think are network related, or devices not in wifi or needing data (for MMS or group or iMessage or Chat Features) to send/receive.

Try 1 or more of the below:

• restart your phone
  • toggle into and out of airplane mode
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings

If you turn your data off occasionally, then turn off iMessage altogether and use regular text messaging instead.

To do this, go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage off.

If you prefer to use iMessage, then you can perform the following steps to fix the issue:

1. Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF.
  3. Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on.
  4. Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON.
  5. Make sure “Send as SMS” is also turned ON.

mom2joey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the advice but I have no idea how to empty my cache on my messages. I use an iPhone. 

@mom2joey wrote:

I have been missing very important messages sometimes. I am on 3 g and don't know if that is the issue since I never used to have this problem I have been with public for 2 Years. Any ideas.

You'll likely find that incoming text messages come in faster when using the LTE network, although I'll admit that using the HSPA network shouldn't cause incomng SMS to arrive a day late.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@mom2joey hi have you tried clearing your cache on your text message app?than reboot phone 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mom2joey , are you referring to text messages?  These should be relatively instantaneous.  It does not matter if you are on the so called 3G speed plans.  As long as you have a network connection, the messaging in both directions should be quite quick.  Perhaps try clearing the cache and restarting your SMS app.

Need Help? Let's chat.