cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe time to pause the promo?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Jeremy_M @Christopher_T @Val_T @Brooke_C
If private messages aren't getting read for 3days plus sometimes, I'm not sure how we can continue until the backlog clears a little.
36 REPLIES 36

KirkK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good sticky title.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Does seem that some are finding issues.  I am hoping that there is a larger amount having an easy transition like I had.  Not sure how you would suspend it I guess they could extend it for all those that have ordered SIMS and are hoping to switch before the 20th

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22
I don't want to see it paused, I hope they can just clear the backlog with extra staff this weekend. Pausing would definitely be the last resort, but I just wanted to put it out there.

Rockdaddy22
You can bet most are signing up without a problem. Unfortunately that does nothing for the backlog

jimmyche
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Agree, suspend or get other PM staff to help clear the backlog during the promotion.

jeremyesq
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@Rockdaddy22 How about suspending the mailing (but not the ordering) of SIMs temporarily? Anyone that orders a SIM before November 20 and activates it by a given date gets the promo plan.

Rockdaddy22
Let's see what the mods have to say tomorrow. I don't really know what they should do.
If we just had a couple extra mods for a few days, it would all be cleared up. We'll see what @Jeremy_M says. I don't really think pausing it is the best idea, I was just putting it out there.

Garry
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I can sympathize with those of you with issues, but let's keep things in perspective.

Society today expects everything to be done in a flash. Common sense and patience seem to have been thrown out the window.

There is no reason to pause this promo, or to bring in new staff. The people without issues most likely outweigh those that do by 100:1 at the very least.

If PM gets 20,000 new subscribers during this promo, and only 200 have issues to be resolved.......I would consider it a success. Wouldn't you?

Keep in mind it's not always PM's fault for these issues. Many people create their own misery by not verifying important details, as well as not following clear directions and recommendations. These people creat additional backlogs. I don't hear anyone blaming them!?

As with any high volume "event", there will be delays and errors. It's a fact of life.

Make the best of it, and keep a positive attitude. It will all be resolved to your satisfaction.

Good luck.

SP3CTRYS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ultimately by "Pausing" the promo you are simply delaying more "Delayed" service in the future.

Alright excuse the rant, if you want the BOTTOM LINE , Scroll down. Smiley Tongue

My opinion, however, is not that the backlog is affect overall customer support/network service. Rather, most of what I am seeing in the forums is porting issues and new activation errors. Which can be expected with any network to be honest.

Porting: Again only my opinion but, I beleive the problem other subscribers are having reguarding porting is not network problems, but rather human error/impatients. Porting is fairly straightforward, but if you even enter one letter/number wrong you will get an error.

SIM Errors: Same as above, Simply inputing one number wrong could make one believe that there SIM does not work. Now, some have "Succesfully" Activated their SIM. But then it doesn't work right away. Ok, this i can understand as a technical glitch, as when I worked for Bell we would just toss the SIm and replace with a new one.

New Activation Errors: Most of the errors seem to be legitiment Technical errors. Buit again, PATIENCE. Wait, then try again, or then contact a Mod.

BOTTOM LINE: The Promo is not affecting the overall service. Some subscribers quickly become impatient, and Imediately contact a MOD. Rather than waiting upto 1 full 24 hour period. So rather, human error. The Forums are here for a reason, so other users can help users.