cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making call to Iran!! Urgent!!

Omidwise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys,

I am from Iran and as you know because of protesting all internet network in Iran is limited and I can not talk to my family over there. I saw that Telus made free to call to Iran and I know that public mobile is Telus's brand. I can not call my family with my public mobile sim cardwhat can I do now?

11 REPLIES 11

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I tried once each to two different restaurants in Tehran. Once I got the chirpy Public lady. The second rang. I didn't let it complete. Nor did I watch if any international minutes were used.

@Rashidkia wrote:

Call to Iran is free now!

I am not aware of any change made by Public Mobile.  It would be odd for Public Mobile to start allowing calls for no additional charge but to not announce it (which they haven't).

Rashidkia

These wont work because they are filtered in Iran.

Rashidkia

Call to Iran is free now!

Omidwise

I think just public mobile has not activated this option.

Hod
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

These telecom providers have waived fees associated with texts and long-distance calls to Iran to allow Canadians to reach their loved ones:

• Telus
  • Koodo
  • Rogers
  • Fido
  • Chatr
  • Bell
  • Shaw
  • Freedom Mobile
  • Vidéotron 

This was after Minister, François-Philippe Champagne, praised various telecom companies on Twitter following their announcements. “The ability to communicate is essential for those taking a stand in the name of freedom and equality,” he tweeted.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2022/09/29/several-telecom-companies-waive-text-and-long-distance-call-fees-...

DOES PUBLIC MOBILE SUPPORT THIS CHAMPAGNE?

Omidwise

That's right, Narges,

All companies make free to call Iran.

I don't know why the public did not do the same

Narges_kh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The regime in Iran shutdown the internet. We can’t call our relatives with any kind of Apps.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Or transfer to Telus?apparently that service works.. not hard to port…..

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You can try an APP to call. Or use FaceTime if they have an apple product and Wifi. 

You can also buy into voip.ms for $15 US and use zoiper app on your phone to call. 

There is an option for a $10 referral too (for you).  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Omidwise 

Sorry, no free calling to call Iran even PM is a Telus brand.

PM is a prepaid service.  Calling Long distance requires Long distance add-on but PM does not have add-on for calling Iran.  😞

you will need to use calling card instead

Need Help? Let's chat.