cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mad at myself for switching to PM from Freedom

samantha2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

LOL oh noooooo, I'm so mad at myself for switching to PM from Freedom now Smiley Sad. I just switched before this promo. If I had just waited a little while longer! I even checked to see if the last promo was available to existing subscribers before doing it. I figured it would be OK to do it early because at least I could switch to the 4gb plan at the earliest opportunity, it's been a bit rough having so little data with PM (and paying more). I figured I could do it for a few months before they did the promo again. I tried to be smart and made a mistake Robot Sad

It's not their fault and they're totally within their rights of course - I'm just disappointed that I'm not the right kind of customer to get the best value from my carrier. So in order to cement myself into a solid plan like this one, I have to start keeping my eye out on competing offers, so I can position myself to be the "right" kind of customer next time lol. 

It would be nice to be assured that later this year the promo will be open to existing customers again. I don't mind waiting a bit. I would be appeased knowing that this isn't the "new normal" and I'll have my chance later this year. It's just really hard to not be jaded when you're a customer in Canada's telecom industry, no matter the carrier.

Existing customer deals are practically unheard of, so now that PM has set precedence, it's important to proceed with caution when recommending any kind of sign up *outside of* promo periods. The friends and family we recommend should be well informed so we don't get yelled at later lol. 

For any current Freedom customers on *grandfathered 4G-only plans* debating switching - I DO recommend this promo plan. Take it and run! Switching is easy and painless. When I recently switched, it took me less than 15 minutes to get switched over. Order your SIM cards ASAP! My SIM card arrived before the actual shipping e-mail arrived because it's sent via Xpresspost - it's overnight in most of Canada once they drop it off at the post office. 

1 REPLY 1

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@samantha2, I encourage you to get on this latest promotion.  We don't know what lies ahead in terms of offers.  Just port out to freedom, sign up for this plan and port back in.  It will cost a little bit of money and time to do this, but it's well worth it.  No point in lamenting about the past, none of us have a time machine.  None of us have crystal balls.  No sense in beating yourself for nothing.  

Need Help? Let's chat.