cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY MINI-GUIDES for NEW-COMERS & RETURNEES TO Public Mobile

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I have compiled a list of Things-to-do for ppl who are joining Public Mobile for the First Time, or Returnees who may have forgotten the ropes of things.

When First Creating an ACCOUNT, Tippers

BEFORE YOU PURCHASE HANDSET, READ THIS

HANDSET WARRANTY & REPAIR

HANDSET REPAIR, WARRANTY, & PLACES TO PURCHASE FROM

If Handset is acting up, what to do to rectify the issue?

Ringtone extension before Voicemail kicks in Set-up Guide

Using Text for Voucher location near you Guide

LOST or STOLEN Handsets, What to do Guide

APN (Access Point Name) and Tethering APN Protocol Set-up Guide

You Must First Register with Public Mobile Beta & await an Invitation

These are many of the list of things I am compiling so that PPL can have direct Info, and make process easier for PPL to follow, and being able to correct their issues when it pops up

30 REPLIES 30

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

Thank you for your kind words with respect to my being retired.

Ah, @chukdefatey, so sweet the sound. @Martin, You know, back in your day, what you were missing was the smartphone, as I am certain that had the smartphone been invented back then, you would have all the tools, at the press of the touchscreen

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Good for you. I am Glad you retired and I hope you are enjoying life

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

You gave me a chuckle (no pun intended) when you said that it would never have crossed your mind that I was a LEO. My first supervisor told me that I would never succeed because I was unlike any other officer. I don't drink or smoke. I don't swear. I have 2 university degrees and 1 college diploma. I don't believe in capital punishment. No one is scum to me. I believe in self-rehabilitation. Contrary to his prediction, all my annual performance appraisals were either fully satisfactory or exemplary.

I was also president of my union local, and an employee assistance program agent.

Depending upon federal or provincial jurisdiction, and if one belongs to a union, professional association or not, the retirement age has been trending downwards from 35 to 25 years. The main impetus are actuarial studies that show, for example, that those who put in 35 years only live 4 years before dying prematurely from stress, irregular hours, unhealthy food, etc.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
What happened to Fifi?

chukdefatey
@Martin, It would never even come across my mind that you were a law enforcement officer (aka: criminals like to call them pigs). So what's the retirement age for LEO?

Don't get be started on my back pain. It is so bad I can't begin to tell you guys how bad it is.

Yeah. Ya know, with what @FiFi was typing about, It sounded very un-satisfied. Perhaps its nxt carrier will give it what it wants. I'm perfectly happy, no need to bounce off to Some carrier out there.

And yes, back then, all was cheap. But, living standards were different. Hopefully Things will be ironed out, career in the making, an Empire to Build 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Born in 1951.

You're absolutely correct about payphones being plentiful when cellphones didn't exist.

And soft drinks (Coke, Pepsi) from a vending machine were only 5 cents.

Too bad you couldn't have used the Judge Dredd on 7th Grade Lecturer 

64? Born 1952/53ish? My Dad was born around that time. Back then, there were no Public Mobile Phones. But there were Plenty of Public Payphones

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

I'm definitely not in Grade 7.

I'm 64, and a retired law enforcement officer.

What? 7th Grade teacher?! Ah, your in 7th grade still then. That Lecturer needs to an Audience w. James Bond. Yep. Can't stand when Lecturers behave like that

Martin
Legend
Legend
As to my back, x-rays show no fractured vertebrae, etc.

The root problem is due to my being assaulted by my Grade 7 teacher, who concentrated his anger on the base of my spine.

Martin
Legend
Legend
I'm glad that you fully recuperated.

With regard to Percocet, it's almost candy compared to what I took for about 6 months in 2013 that put me in La-La land.

@Martin, Take it easy. Back injuries ain't funny. Hopefully U get Better

Oh dear. That can be quite painful. Last yr, I fell down some stairs at college, hospitalized for a few he's, and home resting for 2-3 months. Be careful when taking Meds like that. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

About 3 weeks ago, I injured my back in a slip and fall. Unfortunately, the pain has become worse, to the point that Percocet was prescribed yesterday. 😞

Oh dear. That's a shame. PM feels a bit empty w/o him @David, the ppl from the Kood, but we can at least count, yes I believe that's right, Count on PM to be around for years 2 come

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

benwarez is missing in action. I private messaged him twice in 2 weeks, and my pm's are yet to be read.

Checks & Balances is Key. So, How was your Day? My Day was full of paper pushing, Keyboard typing, research that never seems to end. 

Ah, @Martin, you are good at many things. That's excellent. Public Mobile needs smart tacticians like you, direct ppl like @chukdefatey, Blunt ppl like @benwarez,  and Me myself, @makkahn28, maybe direct, and may have grammar touches here and there, but we keep PM Community ticking.

Martin
Legend
Legend

makkahn28,

With regard to trolls, folks in Sweden have a very strong belief in them. Like all trolls, they're quite ugly, except perhaps to Swedes.

As far as the Poltergeist is concerned, if I ever said something that was over the top, all I can say is that the Devil made me do it. Boo!

You know, I am Not a Troll. They're only fiction. I am only compiling some sort of Mini-guide, so that at least the Correct info is there for reference. Seems ppl ask the same question, and we keep typing the same answers. If ppl need APN this, self serve that, seems like we're the only ppl in Town to keep up with complaints & demand. At least when I created those Mini guides, I dug deep to gather the Correct info, as best I can. Yet, ppl still require help on an hourly or per minute bases. Anyhow, still enjoying life, college, and awaiting a Poltergeist to come, so don't mind me.

FiFi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did say goodbye Martin, but perhaps I am being unfair by saying you work for the 'enemy', but this time I will be more precise. You Sir, are one of the most opinionated, self possessed, arrogant individuals I have encountered on the internet. You can help turn a simple user question into a six page dialog of nasty rows and rubbish, if you don't know what I am talking about, look at yourself in a mirror. Anyway you won't have me to contend with as you have helped me decide my direction. I thank you for that. I do feel sorry for some of the  innocent folk that have come in this forum and have had to do battle with the "Martin" . This time really BYE!!

chukdefatey
^ You are not suppose to feed the trolls. Remember. He is probably a one hit wonder so chances are we will never see him again. So don't let it bother you.

Martin
Legend
Legend
FiFi,

I most certainly don't work for the enemy. I am a grandfathered PM customer. PM is the only carrier of which I have been a customer.

I respect your right to your opinion, though I obviously disagree with your "enemy" conclusion.

I would sincerely appreciate it if you were to specify at least two things that caused you to come to the conclusion about my working for the enemy. Plus, would you please state who or what the enemy is.

Thank you.

FiFi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is this place serious? I am a newbie and I have been looking around for a provider but this forum frightens me BIG TIME!!! With the likes of Martin (who I think works for the enemy) , the above poster and other very strange persona I feel I am better off to look elsewhere. Does Public Mobile support your very strange interactions in here???? NO, don't bother to answer, the rubbish I have persused so far says it all. Have a nice day folks and thanks for steering me on a better path. BYE!!

These are additional topics for others to look up, when inquiring on solutions

This is the Link for Resetting Password

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Feel Free to look it up, & if it meets very good standards, Please feel free to let me know, Bravo me, So that I know how this can help

Need Help? Let's chat.