cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS not working

username3487
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a verizon samsung S6. My APN setting match this page: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp....

Data works fine.

But MMS doesn't. It says unable to download the message. Have tried restarting phone, deleting apn settings and re-entering them.

11 REPLIES 11

jeremiahluis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Mr stone chucker dude. I have grown and so shall you and the public mobile team to using something we call in this day and age - automated messaging. It also clubs with another word called courtesy. By informing your long customers that you are going through some difficult times may help in a variety of ways.

And please don't talk to me as if you're some sort of monk. No one in the hellish world is aware of the problems they are going through. I don't have the time like you do who go through every forum searching for bravos and understanding every other problem which you don't even have the slightest clue about. BE HELPFUL BY NOT SAYING BE PATIENT. It's aggravating than solving any problems. 

@jeremiahluis: the moderators are not slacking off.  This is a busy time due to a messed up software update, various new promos and problems related to errors caused by various persons, including but not limited to subscribers, in store activators, mistyped or simply wrong information, and repeated messages to the MoceratorTeam that are full of missing information.

The moderators are doing their best.  If you wish to put a blame on an entity, blame Telus for allowing the backlog to continue to get longer and longer, without devoting more resources to fixing the support system, the activation systems, payment systems, and for anything else you can think of.

The moderators are employees of Public Mobile, and do not deserve being bashed repeatedly for things out of their control.

Now please, grow up, and be patientant along with everyone else who is experiencing problems.

jeremiahluis

It doesn't matter what you say. I have been with them long enough to know they have been slacking off. It was much much better before or they just don't care.

jeremiahluis

Yes, to expedite the process you will have to send them a private message. hopefully, they respond to you and have better luck than me.

jeremiahluis

Hey, 

Not a new PM customer but lately their response time has incredibly slowed down they used to be much faster. 

I doubled checked APN settings mine are exactly as what is given on their website. Couple days ago I had similar issues with data (of not working), it lasted for a couple of days. (even then I got no response until day three ). I'm guessing you have tried to restart your phone? instead shut it down for few mins then start it up.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jeremiahluis wrote:

No offense but don't send them a private message, they don't respond. I have an emergency here with my phone and they haven't responded to me. It's been almost 8 hours. I have tried contacting other mods privately but none of them respond. I understand there is a 24-hour turn around time but a message would be appreciated.

That's not very helpful to the OP - contacting the mods is the official way to get help from a PM employee, like it or lump it.

What is the problem you are having?

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@username3487 wrote:

I have a verizon samsung S6. My APN setting match this page: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp....

Data works fine.

But MMS doesn't. It says unable to download the message. Have tried restarting phone, deleting apn settings and re-entering them.

Are you a new PM customer? If not, has this worked in the past and stopped working recently?

First thing I would try is another SMS app and see if that works - Textra is a good choice.

jeremiahluis

No offense but don't send them a private message, they don't respond. I have an emergency here with my phone and they haven't responded to me. It's been almost 8 hours. I have tried contacting other mods privately but none of them respond. I understand there is a 24-hour turn around time but a message would be appreciated.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account or need some help about an issue, please just send a private message through the following link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account or need some help about an issue, please just send a private message through the following link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@username3487 wrote:

Data works fine.

You may do a network reset.

I am not sure thie will work.  But give it a try.

Need Help? Let's chat.