cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SIM Card

rala7417
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my SIM card. How can I activate new SIM card with my current number?

12 REPLIES 12

@Timer- I edited my post.

@dust2dust 

i'm not challenge anyone,.. i'm learning from other,

they will get verification code just by email ,, not by SMS, because @rala7417  lost SIM card.

@Timer- Oh that's a good challenge. No. Have you? I'm up for learning as always. Does it no longer pop up with a confirmation like it did before asking for either an email or text? Y'know...to defend against sim swap fraud.

Adding - Ah. Checking out Get Help. The new system knows whether the 2FA was done up front or not. If not then it will do it here. If so, then it doesn't bother. Ok then. I enjoy learning new things.

@rala7417- Did you do the 2FA when you logged in to the site this time to change your sim?

@dust2dust 

oh my... ok do you tried to change any SIM # in new system? if no then and keep quiet.

@rala7417 wrote:

I tried to change my SIM number. However after put my new number and click ‘Save the change’ then all numbers disappeared. Do you know how I can ?

HI @rala7417   could be cache or cookies problem

I would try on another browser, maybe Edge or Firefox.  If you don't have another one, try to use Incognito mode or InPrivate mode and see if it works

@Timer wrote:

is will be working.

@Timer- That's a confident statement to make when we don't yet know if they confirmed the sim change.

@rala7417 wrote:

I tried to change my SIM number. However after put my new number and click ‘Save the change’ then all numbers disappeared. Do you know how I can ?

@rala7417 

Logout do clear cache and cookies one page inPrivate modeand, to Login Page

and check your SIM number in your account and insert the new SIM in your device is will be working.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Does the new sim work now? Maybe refresh the page to see if the number re-appears if you haven't already. Did you get a screen asking to choose email or SMS? Of course you would need to choose email. Did you get the code and enter it?

rala7417
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@rala7417 

use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

SIM Swap > http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@rala7417 hi you take new sim card and go into your self serve account,go to profile and change sim card number there then put new card in phone 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.