cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone and No Self Serve Account

AlexL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I recently lost my phone. I  purchased a new sim card to use with an old phone, however; I never set up my self serve account when i first signed up to Public Mobile, which means i cannot set up the new sim card to my account. 

What do i do to resolve this and get my account set up to the new sim card?

9 REPLIES 9

hamaida
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@AlexLHey, How come you dont have PM account?
How did get the PM services?
Contact moderator team and provide them with your phone number and your number and they will setup your account.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@AlexL wrote:

Hi,

I recently lost my phone. I  purchased a new sim card to use with an old phone, however; I never set up my self serve account when i first signed up to Public Mobile, which means i cannot set up the new sim card to my account. 

If you cannot access your account just send a private message to the @CS_Agent  by clicking here.

Explain the problem and if you supply them with the new SIM number they will update it for you. Once that is done you can create your account or ask the moderator to help you setting it up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AlexL wrote:

Hi,

I guess you signed up in store?

You should be able to go to My Account in the upper right and then on right side start to create your self serve account.

@AnonymousWill they be able to if they lost the phone and wont be able to get the confirmation text?

Ah. Indeed. Didn't think of that. Putting a new unactivated SIM in the replacement wouldn't get anything.

OP: as above...

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AlexL wrote:

Hi,

You should be able to go to My Account in the upper right and then on right side start to create your self serve account.

@AnonymousWill they be able to if they lost the phone and wont be able to get the confirmation text?

Correct - without access to the first SIM, the only way to get assistance is to contact the Moderator_Team.

AlexL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up at the local Walmart, where they ported over my old number from Telus, set up automatic withdrawls and got my 4 digit pin. I was supposed to then log on and send up the self serve account, but never did. 

@AlexL 

Just for fun, try entering your number here  but you wouldn't be able to get the confirmation text? just to make sure that the self serve was never set up.

If your number shows the account is already set up, try the password reset here

At the end of the day, the only thing you can contact the mods (unless you have an account set up that you didn't know about)

@Anonymous wrote:

@AlexL wrote:

Hi,

Edit- yea this wont work.

"Step 1: Enter your 10-digit phone number (without spaces or dashes). Click Submit and you'll receive a text message containing your 6-digit code."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlexL wrote:

Hi,

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@AlexL wrote:

Hi,

How did you sing up without settings up a self serve account? If what you say is true I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message.

Need Help? Let's chat.