cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Rewards when changing subscription plan

dcchan22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My current subscription is the $15 plan, but with $2 prepayment discount and $3 loyalty reward, I'm paying $10.  I am considering switching to the 60GB/$40 plan, thinking that it's $25 extra.  However, the system wants to charge me $40 plus HST, i.e., I will be losing the $5 discount I'm getting with the current plan.
Is that supposed to happen with plan changes?

6 REPLIES 6

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @dcchan22,

That a good question that comes up often around here an one that is worth asking considering that there is a lot on the line if you lose your rewards! The good this is that you will not lose your discounts! The legacy rewards are attached to your account and not your plan. This means that you can switch plans as often as you'd like without fear of losing your rewards. The only thing that would cause you to lose your rewards is if you close your account or if you decided switch to the new points system. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dcchan22

Changing plan won't affect rewards 

if you don't need the new plan now, use Change in Renewal 

if you use Change Plan now, PM will charge you need plan amount 8m full first but will credit you back the rewards after couple days 

blissworld
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was worried about the same because it didn’t show up initially but once the change is applied it shows up under the discounts section the same and is applied to the total. 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Whenever trying to switch plans you must click on renewal date so that you do not lose out on the discounts.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dcchan22  No you won’t lose your rewards by changing plans there tied to your account not your plan I can confirm 

Handy1_0-1703610413295.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.