cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance

Karkoon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just purchased a long distance add on to US, how long before I can make a call?

17 REPLIES 17

Karkoon

Yayyy it finaly worked, I put $8 but added more funds for some reason it didn't add the tax so I finally was able to make my call. Happy 2020 everyone! 🙂 

@Karkoon wrote:

I am dialing 1 but it's still telling me I don't have a long distance add on.

@Karkoon  When you access your selfserve page does the add-on show on the first page? If not, then it means that you haven't purchased the add-on yet you only funded your account. So just go and purchase the add-on.

If the add-on is showing on the first page and you can't make the call then restart your phone and try again. If you are still having issues then submit a ticket to PM.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Karkoon

I am dialing 1 but it's still telling me I don't have a long distance add on.

@hairbag1 wrote:
400 International Long Distance minutes
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.....$15
200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes....$8

Make sure you have $$ in Available Funds to cover the cost of the add-on you want. Then log into My Account / Purchase Add-ons...the make your selection from the menu. Look closely as it can be confusing the first time you use it. You'll want either of the above noted add-ons.

@Karkoon wrote:
Talk6

200 min US and Canada Long Distance

That should work. Make sure to dial 1 in front of the number. 

Karkoon
Talk6

200 min US and Canada Long Distance

400 International Long Distance minutes
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.....$15
200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes....$8

Karkoon

Ok I'm new to Public Mobile, I added the add on and then it asked to add it to my Credit Card on file.

@Karkoon wrote:

I keeps telling I don't have a long distance plan is it because I'm on auto pay?

No, AutoPay has nothing to do with it. Which LD add-on did you purchase? 

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Don't buy the US roaming add-on if you are planning to make calls from Canada.

The US roaming add-ons work only while you are in USA.

@Karkoon wrote:

I keeps telling I don't have a long distance plan is it because I'm on auto pay?

If you're trying to call US from canada ...you need the US / Canada 200minutes add-on for $8.

If you're in US and trying to call, you need the 10 Day US Roaming talk/text/data options.

Karkoon

I'm in Canada and trying to call to US

Karkoon

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Karkoon Right away. Make sure you turn on Roaming and connected to T-Mobile or AT&T network before making a call from US.

EDIT: oops, thought you are referring to US Roaming add-on. LD add-on (400min for $15) should work right away if you are planning to call US while in Canada. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Karkoon wrote:

I just purchased a long distance add on to US, how long before I can make a call?

Should be right away. Which LD add-on did you get ?

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can begin using it as soon as you buy it.

Remember that purchasing add-ons is a 2 step process.

1. First add funds to your acccount.

2. Then go to My Data and add-ons to purchase your add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.