cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance calls

nice1234guy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently at province-wide call plan in BC.  Can I make a long distance call to Toronto, for example.  If yes, how will I be charged?  Pay in the next billing cycle?

If I travel out of my province, if someone call me, do I get calls?

14 REPLIES 14

yvrRome
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
The add-on you selected is for making long distance calls from within Canada to anywhere in Canada or US (with some exceptions). Global unlimited text is also from within Canada.

If you want to use your phone outside of Canada, you will need a roaming add-on just like most other carriers. PM has a US roaming add-on.

nice1234guy

I purchased the $8 for 200 min about 1 month ago.  Today I crossed the boarder to Bellingham, WA.  I tried to made a phone call home, but I got "phone cannot connect".  I tried mulitple times, but can't make a long distance call.  What is wrong?

In aaddition, I can get text message from Canada while I was in US, but I tried to reply, it could not go through.  611 said "your current plan does not include US roaming text".  I remember I selected Global in Unlimited Text.  So Global means within Canada.  Is that correct?

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@nice1234guy

For international outbound calls, you need the 400 minutes Long Distance add-on (that one includes Canada/US as well). Hope that helps.

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

international calls with Canada USA calling plan

The plan is worded: 400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)

nice1234guy

I added $8 for 200 min long distance call.  I know it is for US and Canada.  Does it include International call too?

nice1234guy

When I am out of town, I may pobablly record a greet, and tell people to text message me instead.

oilblue99

Just adding a link to the KB doc that talks about Province-wide, and the Long Distanct Add-on(s).

Devil_tear
And yes you can use your data anywhere in Canada with no extra costs

Devil_tear
@nice1234guy Use Hangouts... It will allow you to call anywhere in Canada and USA for free over a internet connection (WiFi or Data)... You will still need the add on to receive calls but outgoing will be free... And it works very well... 🙂

ulovebass
long distance add-on is surely reasonable price imo.
and it doesnt have expire date so it is better than canada wide (expensive )plan for me

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just to be clear, yes, if you travel to Toronto, you can make free calls in Ontario.

@nice1234guy wrote:

So if I travel to Toronto, and I can make free calls in Ontario, is that what you mean?

If people call my number in BC while I am in Toronto, will the call straight go to my voice mail?  If not what will people hear?

Yes, any incoming call would be forwarded straight to your voicemail account unless you subscribe to a long distance add-on.

nice1234guy

So if I travel to Toronto, and I can make free calls in Ontario, is that what you mean?

If people call my number in BC while I am in Toronto, will the call straight go to my voice mail?  If not what will people hear?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can't call out of province, unless you buy the talk add-on. With PM, everything is prepaid, nothing gets charged after the fact.  If you travel out of your home province, you can't receive calls, but you can make calls limited to the Canadian province you happen to be travelling in.

Need Help? Let's chat.