cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Charges May Apply?

pitulan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in Ontario and have unlimited canada wide calling; however, when calling Toronto from Hamilton, I received a message saying "long distance charges may apply" ... so do I have  canada wide calling or do I not? 

10 REPLIES 10

dmazerolle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes you still have canada wide..its just a message they play.

@pitulan wrote:

I live in Ontario and have unlimited canada wide calling; however, when calling Toronto from Hamilton, I received a message saying "long distance charges may apply" ... so do I have  canada wide calling or do I not? 

You're hearing this message because calling from Hamilton to Toronto is long distance. That type of Canada-to-Canada long distance is arleady included in your plan.  This message is a holdover from the days of plans at Telus Mobility and Koodo Mobile that only included local calling. This message is meant as a warning to inform the customer that there will be extra charges if one these types of price plans are being used. 

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just put a "1" in front of the rest of the phone number....problem solved

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pitulan wrote:

@pitulan  Yes you do. The key word is may as other mentioned you can ignore it and change your contact setting to prefix a +1 in front of your numbers to avoid that message.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pitulan 

Ignore this warning message if it let you continue to complete the call.

PM is a prepaid service without pay-per-use.  Therefore, you will not be charge for anything extra.

To get rid of the annoying message, just add 1 in front of your outgoing phone number.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have the $15 plan with 100 minutes then you may have used up your limit.  Check your self serve account.  You can purchase an an add-on for $5 for 500 minutes.  If you have unlimited minutes the try dialing 1 + area code.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

If your plan had unlimited Canada calling, be comforted that you will not be charged. I receive that message as well, and I just ignore it. I could put the 1 in front of my contact's numbers to prevent that message; but I guess I am so used to it, that I don't even realize it any longer.

Welcome!:) 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@pitulan Sometimes this message goes thru even when you call within Canada. Just ignore it and make sure to add +1 in front of the area code of the number you are calling. You'll be good😉

@pitulan add a 1 infront of every Canadian number on your contact list. Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@pitulan wrote:

It is an annoying message all right but you can ignore it. Try dialing a 1 ahead of the number. Welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.