cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of account after 2 attemps in password and not allowed to reset

shaoji
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

why? it's insane. I only tried twice. and now locked out and can't even reset password. that's insanity and madness.

changed credit card number, not I can even register a new one. crazy.

10 REPLIES 10

The timeout is a common way to avoid programmatic attempts. Yes, they can simply lock your account without giving you the hour but more ppl would complain that.

As to the mod, you think they will give you everything after you open the ticket?? they will of course ask you to provide information to validate your identity.

I understand your frustration. If you think you know the password, you can keep trying or you can open a ticket with the Mod.

If you need to urgently update your CC info for an upcoming payments, you can instead consider getting a voucher and call 611 from your cell

Hope this helps

shaoji

I think people got hacked because of your computer system issue. no hacker on earth can guess someone's password by just a few attempts.

Why don't you allow people to reset? why wait for an hour? so people forgot their password you just lock them out? 

the process is so inefficient and tedious. and how can you know the one who open the ticket is not a hacker? last time I checked there was no verification. That's just idiotic.

yes.. the setup for community instead of traditional call centre is a way to cut cost so you are now enjoying a mobile plan that is slightly cheaper. Certainly not the best but you get what you paid for.
🙂 Remember this is Telus' Tier 3 service.

I guess there is nothing wrong that PM has a system to protect you account. After all, its you who forgot the password.

So, many ppl their phone account got hacked, SIM got changed, hackers took over the phone number and can start hack into ppl bank account/email..

if you are unsure about your password, instead of trying again and again and got locked again, open a ticket with the mod.

Good luck

shaoji

what kind of website does this to its customer? 

and people have to go to a community to get service? isn't it less efficient? we just want cell serve, this community thing is so stupid as well. who the hell has the time for this if people just get the cell service they want?

shaoji

That's really out of this world kind of stupidity. again, 2 attempts, ask you wait for 2 hours, try to reset password, and locked.

what on earth is the web developer or management smoking?

Is just a dirt cheap plan, not your banking account. actually banking accounts are much easier. 

Why?! why people have to go through great length just to change their payment info?

I have never seen anything so troublesome and idiotic.

This is Sparta!!!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@shaoji wrote:

why? it's insane. I only tried twice. and now locked out and can't even reset password. that's insanity and madness.

Patience will win out, @shaoji , I ensure you.

IF you are certain of the username and password, wait one full hour, clear cache and cookies, open an incognito page, and try again.

If that DOESN'T work, type in the chatbot to the lower right of screen that you are 'locked out of account', follow the precise instructions and select the one which most closely matches your situation.  It will lead to the creation of a support ticket from Public Mobile staff to address your concern.

@shaoji wrote:

The amount of attempts is reduced if you're a new customer or if you were previously locked out of the account but have not successfully logged in since. I once saw (personal experience) an account get locked out immediately after account activation. The passsword wasn't accepted and the message immediately indicated that Public Mobile had to be contacted. It didn't even say to wait 1 hour as is the usual message. This could be a similar situation.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

wait an hour and try again

or you really forgot your password, you can try to contact Moderator

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system - faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator through the following link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.