cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live near US boarder service problems

dsmitty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi , I am wondering if anyone else is in a boarder town and finds public's service goes in and out constantly while home? I miss calls often and texts won't send for up to an hour . Besides moving ...haha  ...anyone know of any tips to help with my service? I enjoy public everywhere, except home and that's where I rely on it most . Thank you for your time and anything you share with me. Have a real nice day  

8 REPLIES 8

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

try manual connect to public mobile network.

@Donski51 wrote:

If you live near the US border perhaps you should buy the US  $50 plans and have no problems. Unlimited calling on either network!!

😎

That would be of no help because the $50 plan does not incldue roaming.  None of Public Mobile's current plans include U.S. roaming.

Donski51

If you live near the US border perhaps you should buy the US  $50 plans and have no problems. Unlimited calling on either network!!

😎

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ashhiscock wrote:

You may need to add a roaming package to your account to ensure that you do not get roaming charges.

@dsmitty wrote:

I haven't got roaming charges, thankfully .

@dsmitty @ashhiscock Public Mobile is entirely pre-paid and you will never, ever get dinged for roaming charges.  If you want to roam into the USA, you have to intentionally purchase 1 or more US Roaming add-on(s) to enable those services, and they last a duration of 10 days and do not auto-renew.  If you buy none, you will not get dinged for roaming as you will simply not get any* service.

* two notes:  1) your phone will still connect to AT&T or T-Mobile network, so you are "getting" service, but you won't be able to receive or place calls, send texts, or use any mobile data;  2) you may notice I omitted receiving texts from point 1, which is because you will still receive incoming texts while in the USA without any roaming add-on(s), but won't be able to respond or send any new texts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dsmitty

Thanks so much ...that is exactly what I figured ...but always nice to get confirmation ....I haven't got roaming charges, thankfully . Take care and thank you for taking the time to reply. 

ashhiscock

Sadly if you live near the boarder there is always a chance depending on where you stand that your phones connection will jump to another tower. You may need to add a roaming package to your account to ensure that you do not get roaming charges. You can also advise the moderator of this and they can verify your living location and closeness to the towers in order to credit you do this.

Unfortunately there is no way for it to stop happening as they cannot block towers from connecting to your phone

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@dsmitty wrote:

Hi , I am wondering if anyone else is in a boarder town and finds public's service goes in and out constantly while home? I miss calls often and texts won't send for up to an hour . Besides moving ...haha  ...anyone know of any tips to help with my service? I enjoy public everywhere, except home and that's where I rely on it most . Thank you for your time and anything you share with me. Have a real nice day  

Are you losing service due to trying to connect to a US tower?  Have you tried to turn off automatically select network and just go to manually select network and choose PM?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.