cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line transfer did not work, what now

SC6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I tried transfering my line from rogers to Public and it seems rogers did not get the confirmation text, now I need public to send another line transfer request. Does anyone know how to get that done?

4 REPLIES 4

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Another indication of completion is that with the old sim in the whole time you'll eventually get a text saying it's done. Then switch out the sims. Just another option.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SC6 

It's easiest to just call the telus porting department with the phone # supplied by @Yummy using your rogers SIM card. Give them your rogers account #. You will receive the PAT (porting authorization text ) within a few minutes and reply YES.  Remove the rogers sim card and replace it with your pm sim card. Reboot. The port should complete within about a half hour at most but can take up to 2 hours to complete. Your rogers sim will cease functioning and account will be cancelled once complete and incoming calling will be recieved on your pm sim card.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SC6 

Please note that you need to leave the Rogers SIM in your phone to wait for the text confirmation for the porting.

As noted @Yummy you need to contact a CS_Agent by SIMon Chatbot or private message on this Community page to restart the porting process.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you did not get SMS from Rogers when you initiated porting to PM, you have to ask agent to re-initiate porting request.

Or you can call number I sent you for porting assistance.

Use the ticketing system for a faster response time (preferred method as Ticket is assigned and easy to follow up with CSA). Click Chatbot - Ticket and type ticket, then click on Contact Us, then click on issue you inquire about. Link for creating ticket will be presented.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Need Help? Let's chat.