cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of response from Moderator Team

camhay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used self serve on Tuesday to switch from Telus to PM - something happened during the process (received an "oops" at the end of the process with a link to "sign-in"). , My account is set up, I've been billed on my credit card, my Telus account is cancelled yet I have no phone service. I have sent 2 private messages to the Moderator Team and 1 private message to a member of the team since Tuesday and have yet to receive a response - not even that they have read my messages....very frustrated. Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's got to be discouraging. It could be that there was a glitch when you setup your account.

You might have to wait until the Moderator Team gets back to you.

What does it show in your self serve account? Does it look like everything was setup with your SIM card?

If you go into Change SIM card under my profile does it show the SIM Card which you linked to your account?

I have heard of some sign ups that hit an error and it takes some time to clear or transfer.

Do you still get service on your old Telus SIM Card?

There is a thread on Public Mobile which may be similar. Even though there was an error in porting the number over, it took a while longer than usual for the transfer to complete and get service.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Activation-error-now-I-can-t-register...

However, since you mentioned that you did this on Tuesday and have tried again, good for you on contacting the Moderator Team to get into the Queue and hopefully receive a response soon.

camhay

the message just says the number you have reached is not in service. The phone was bought from the Apple store and is unlocked. A difference PM SIM works fine in the phone. 

camhay

phone is not locked - another family member had PM and we put the SIM into my phone and it worked fine. Guess I just have to wait for a response.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@camhay, unfortunately moderator team response time seems to have increased to the 3 to 4 day level.  A bit more patience may be required. 

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @camhay

I am sorry to hear about the frustrating experience.

Have you tried calling the number which you transferred over?

Do you get a Public Mobile message or Telus?

Sometimes this helps in finding out if the number was ported sucessfully or not.

Also what kind of phone do you have? iOS? Android? Another one?

Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@camhay wrote:

The SIM was ordered online and activated through the self-serve process. I tried starting again from scratch after the original self serve "oops" message thinking that the account was not set up. when I input the SIM # the 2nd time I received an error message that the SIM was invalid so presumed that it was already in use on my account.

I think when you input the same SIM# again, it shouldn't give you any error (I did this when I port into PM). The SIM might have been invalidated. Just my guess.

Anyway,

• Phone locked? I know Telus lock doesn't really matter, but unlock it just in case.
  • Mod response can take up to 48 hours. You'll NOT get a response by messaging a specific mod.

camhay

The SIM was ordered online and activated through the self-serve process. I tried starting again from scratch after the original self serve "oops" message thinking that the account was not set up. when I input the SIM # the 2nd time I received an error message that the SIM was invalid so presumed that it was already in use on my account.

Need Help? Let's chat.