cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo with Migration Offers!!

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What is really going to happen with Public Mobile?? Koodo every month or so is giving great migration plans for PM customers to port over and I just keep ignoring them because of the great discounts on my plan i am recieving. Should we be worried? Is Telus trying to close down public mobile? 

7 REPLIES 7

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@passiveegg wrote:

What is really going to happen with Public Mobile?? Koodo every month or so is giving great migration plans for PM customers to port over and I just keep ignoring them because of the great discounts on my plan i am recieving. Should we be worried? Is Telus trying to close down public mobile? 

It's not a definite answer guarantee but a mod made a statement that PM is not going anywhere.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Future-of-Public-Mobile/m-p/266674/highli...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@passiveegg no PM is not going anywhere.  Telus is continuing to use it as a stepping stone to Koodo, which is why you keep seeing migration offers.  They have no reason to shut it down, especially if it keeps successfully enticing people over to Koodo.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is also some government pressure in play.  Compared to the rest of the world, even Public Mobile is painfully overpriced.  The last thing the big 3 want is to be forced to have a MNVO lease their towers, and offer cut rate service, which is inevitably going to happen if there is no competition.  So a better option for the big 3 is to set up 3rd tier flankers, and hope that will keep people happy. 

Those texts are just Telus being Telus.   As with any company, they want to maximize profit, and they already have a captive audience.  If they wanted to shut down Public Mobile, they could.  It would come at a cost though.

Rdasm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wouldn't let that worry me. Telus is BIG and they probably have no reason to close PM which doesnt cost them as much as Koodo. Smiley Happy  I have not been long with PM (couple of months now) but I really love their SIM only, prepaid plans with no "stores" which helps lower the cost of operation and pass on the lower cost to us consumers. 

Moreover, I like the fact that I can roam all over the country and use my plan minutes and data without worrying about exorbitant roaming charges. One of the coolest feature that I like is, if I move from one province to another, I can login to my-account and change my number to a local phone number (without even going to a store and waiting in line). Quite frankly, I am lazy and if I can "manage" my phone(s) from the comfort of my home, I am happy. And MODS are super helpful too. 

Thank you PM.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@passiveegg wrote:

There have been some great offers and I have "diversified" my cellular portfollio.  I am with PM because I have enough data for  my needs and Koodo isn't even getting close nor can they get to being low enough cost for me to switch. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@passiveegg, if Public Mobile disappeared, then the feedstock for all the Koodo migrations will also disappear.  The marketing strategy is a little out there from my perspective, but I would not let that worry me. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@passiveegg wrote:

Nobody but Telus knows. The ceo has stated they want to move people up,the value chain from pre paid to post paid... hence the Koodo offers.

PM appears to be alive and doing well. Some great plans as well... although pushing the 3G speed plans (LTE lite) more than LTE plans so that 3G is PM target audience/biz model. 

I cant see them closing a phone company with no stores and no phone support. 

Need Help? Let's chat.