cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting confirmation texts congratulating me for registering etc.

MAGSX
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have not registered this number AGAIN with PM. I left almost a year ago and since keep getting texts for registration. Clearly someone is trying to steal my number through public mobile or something. I would like this to end it concerns me that someone is going to be able to use my phone number for their own means. Why is public mobile allowing the registration of a number that is used by Koodo at present and it’s no longer registered with public mobile? How do I fix this.?

7 REPLIES 7

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MAGSX  So, you ported your number away?  are you still with Telus or Koodo?  The Telus system not smart enough, they keep giving up numbers that are owned by someone else to new users

JL9
Mayor / Maire

PM is renowned for sending all kinds of texts about various things in error, so this may be another instance of that.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MAGSX  - are these texts you are receiving or emails?

Either way, Public Mobile should not be reassigning your phone number, but you know what...seems numbers have been assigned in error before.

If your phone number is working fine with Koodo, you should not have to do anything as long as you don't accept any porting text or anything.

If someone else was assigned your phone number in error, they are the ones that are going to have to change their number to obtain any services.

Of course, if you are concerned about what you are receiving (which I think I would be too), submit a ticket with a Public Mobile agent and provide them details of what is happening to see what they can tell you.

Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) can be reached by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MAGSX I can understand your concern use this link to contact a customer service rep Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

MAGSX
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I guess I don’t understand how they’re able to just use my phone number isn’t that what they’re doing? Are they not trying to register an account with my phone number? Because they’re not going into my account and making changes. I haven’t used public mobile in over a year. With that phone number. Someone is trying to register that number to a new account through public mobile and I don’t understand how they’re able to do so. I’ve checked now with Koodo twice and they’ve told me that no it’s not being used somewhere else it’s active with Koodo so then why is public mobile sending me these messages these

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MAGSX   If you're no longer a customer with PM, then you can unsubscribe from the number associated with these texts. 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MAGSX hi it is probably someone phising for info I dont think public can help maybe check and change any related passwords block the texts if you can

Need Help? Let's chat.