cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just finished a US Roaming Plan and now not receiving texts

Jontepper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi,

My wife and I returned from the US and our US Roaming Plan expired and now we are not receiving texts. We restarted our phones, check the forums and checked our APN settings. Everything is working as it should except texts. I am hoping someone can help.
11 REPLIES 11

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Good to know, will be back to Toronto tmr, and my us plan will be expired after one week!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

glad we can help 🙂 Safe travels to your family !

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Jontepper

That makes sense. Great to know it is known issue and Public Mobile is working on removing this annoying issue.

I will share this explaination with family too. They are going away and it will be helpful for them to know that it requires some time for it to work again after the roaming package expires.

I hope it gets fixed in the near future. Thanks again for your support! We are loving the Public Mobile service.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

thank you for the update @Jontepper!

The issue actually self-resolves itself after a few hours - but if we do see your message on time, we check your account to make sure that it was resolved. Basically, one of the roaming features that expires does not get removed from the account for a period of about 12 hours, which causes the service issues (unable to receive text messages). Our team is working on a permanent fix, but I'm glad to hear that your text messages are up and running now.

Enjoy your weekend 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Jontepper

Hi @Mary_M,

Thanks so much for the response. The text start working this morning. 

I did turn off the unit last night and turned it back on around 1 am. The receiving text was still not working at 1 am but when I woke up this morning, the text started working again. This was the same for my spouse's phone.

Not sure if something was done by a technician on the backend (or not) but very happy either way!

Cheers!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Jontepper,

thank you for taking the time to flag the issue to us !

I'm sorry to hear that you have been impacted by the US roaming expiry. To make this short and sweet, if you power cycle your phone, you should find that the issue has self-resolved itself. Can you please give this a try and let us know?

We look forward to your reply 🙂

Regards,

Mary

Jontepper
Thanks for the explanation. The phones were powered down as described for 10 minutes this evening (just prior to my post).

The service stopped 10am this morning. Hopefully by tomorrow morning, it will return to normal. If not I sent a pm to a moderator.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jontepper

This is a known bug that can occur after the US roaming add-on expires.
According to moderators, it usually resolves itself within a day after add-on expiration. The advised course of action is to power-cycle your phone after returning to Canada or after the add-on expires. If it doesn't resolve within a day, you should get a moderator's assistance via private message. They can try re-pushing the SMS service center # in the back-end. 

Jontepper
Thank you . Just sent a pm message.

@Jontepper Send a private message to the Moderator_Team with ph#, account# and an explanation. 

@passiveegg wrote:
It seems like a plan problem. I suggest you personally message this MOD @Shazia_K and tell her your problem. She should be able to fix it. I also encourage you to message public mobile from their twitter page as they respond quicker. Hope your problem fixes fast 🙂

No more support on social medias. See the announcement

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
It seems like a plan problem. I suggest you personally message this MOD @Shazia_K and tell her your problem. She should be able to fix it. I also encourage you to message public mobile from their twitter page as they respond quicker. Hope your problem fixes fast 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.