cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue

Amanda5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I paid my phone bill after not paying it for 2 months or so & since I paid it, usually at the top where it says my carrier and shows how many bars of service I have won’t switch from searching. Ive tooken out my SIM card and put it back in, I’ve turned my phone off and turned it back on I’ve reset it & just won’t change from searching I can’t even call 611 from my phone because it won’t show I have service !! 

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Amanda5 wrote:

So I paid my phone bill after not paying it for 2 months or so & since I paid it, usually at the top where it says my carrier and shows how many bars of service I have won’t switch from searching. Ive tooken out my SIM card and put it back in, I’ve turned my phone off and turned it back on I’ve reset it & just won’t change from searching I can’t even call 611 from my phone because it won’t show I have service !! 

How about ...where've you been? Maybe try to scan for and find and connect to Public Mobile. Maybe make sure you're not connecting with just GSM. This place wants at least UMTS/WCDMA/3G for talk.

If you paid _somehow_ then it would seem to me that your account still exists.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Amanda5 wrote:

So I paid my phone bill after not paying it for 2 months or so & since I paid it,

JUST to cover all the bases here, are you SURE it's been "2 months or so"? Is there any chance it's been about 3 months, or more specifically, 90 days or more? I ask, because if it's been that long, I THINK your number is gone..... other folks can confirm this for us..... I THINK 90 days is the limit?

@kselmak wrote:

What is your status when you login

Is there reactivate button?

Can you add one more dollar and restart.

@Amanda5  What @kselmak  is getting at, is that adding funds to a suspended account doesn't automatically restart your service, you need to jump-start it yourself, after you've added the appropriate amount of funds to pay for the plan.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Amanda5  did you use the lost/ stolen feature to suspend your self service account? And by pay, did you use pay amount due and the reactivate account button? See guide here on how to reactivate your account. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Is-there-actually-a-reactivat...

And don't forget to restart your phone.

@Amanda5 wrote:

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

What is your status when you login

Is there reactivate button?

Can you add one more dollar and restart.

If that didn't work try reporting it lost, wait a minute, then report it found, then restart.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/suspend-service/ 

If that doesn't work contact moderatorahttps://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Need Help? Let's chat.