cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue purchasing SIM card yet money still taken

Korainxo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I attempted to purchase a SIM card but it is saying that there was an issue where the postal code of my shipping address did not match up with my billing address. The issue though is that during this I made two attempts to try and purchase, and money was taken both times from my account without the purchase being approved. So essentially I paid twice for a SIM card despite being rejected twice because of the postal code issue.

I also can't contact support with a ticket because I don't have a public mobile account to verify the ticket with. So how am I even supposed to contact them to get my money back?

3 REPLIES 3

Indeed @XionBunny , and most pending or unauthorized charges drop off within 48-72 hours.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To clarify what halmacs was saying, essentially, it's just preauthorizing the purchase, that money will not be taken once the authorization expires since the purchase wasn't completed properly, you shouldn't have to worry about those erroneous charges, authorizations generally expire in 7 days, and the money is then returned.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Korainxo 

I’m guessing that the money you see being taken is a pending charge on the payment card, and if the order is not fulfilled on public mobiles end , it will not become authorized.

If indeed, there are multiple charges to your credit card that you need refunded, contact customer support.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.