cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue processing credit card transaction

d-d-d-dan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having problems both with trying to pay and setting up autopay with my Visa credit card.  I'm just trying to update my card info since they've sent me a new one.  I haven't had any issues with other online payments (internet, other phone providers, Netflix, etc.) I've called the credit card company and they don't see any issues on their end.  I constantly get a Unable to Process Transaction error.

7 REPLIES 7

@d-d-d-dan looks like you will need to contact the moderators. I put a link in my previous response or follow what @hairbag1 has said. 

Have a great day, I am sure they will get you all fixed up and take your money...haha

@d-d-d-dan wrote:

Thanks for the tips.  Still no luck though.  I've tried 3 different browsers over 2 different devices, two phones, three different credit cards.  It's almost like Public doesn't want my money lol.

Here's a suggestion...go to the top of this page and click on Get Help...then click on Chat with Simon to start the process of moderator assistance.

d-d-d-dan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the tips.  Still no luck though.  I've tried 3 different browsers over 2 different devices, two phones, three different credit cards.  It's almost like Public doesn't want my money lol.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@d-d-d-dan 

You can try to clear your cache and cookies then try again. 

Another option for you is to remove the previous card and wait a while. Then come back and try inputting your new card under manage payments. If you have tried to many times it may have just locked out the current card. 

If all that fails then Contact the moderators by clicking this link: 

Contact Moderators 

Type update payment option. --> Then contact us. --> Then open a new ticket. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 12.08.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-04 at 12.08.49 PM.png

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@d-d-d-dan your card may be locked from too many attempts.  Wait 1 hour from last attempt,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to add it.  When entering your credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space). 

If this fails, contact a moderator and ask them to to add it for you.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@d-d-d-dan 

I've seen some others saying they have had luck by completely removing the old card and then entering the new one. Make sure you exactly enter the address information as indicated on your statement. Also clear your cache and try using incognito mode in your browser.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Use incognito mode

If you believe that your Visa was blacklisted by system for too many tries contact moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Need Help? Let's chat.