Issue activating sim card error code 821

bonnieho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot activate my sim card and got the error 821

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bonnieho 

After you wait out the one hour lock out session follow this method to have an error free activation.

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only using secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.

When you get to the payment section:

1. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  2. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  3. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  4. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  5. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

The referral and promocodes get entered on the fourth page. Choose your plan carefully if you are using the 1GB of plan data promocode as you will lose it if you change plans but you will keep it forever if you never change plans so knowing how much data you need/use is key in picking the best plan to suite your needs.

Write down your email, password. pin #, security question and answer and put it away for safekeeping in case you need it in the future if you forget any of them. It will save you a lot of grief.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@bonnieho 

If you cannot proceed, and have tried the prior steps outlined by @esjliv , and require Moderator assistance (Public Mobile employees), to contact a moderator there are 2 methods: (you'd likely need to use option#2 if you haven't completed the activation and yet created your account...):

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bonnieho wrote:

I cannot activate my sim card and got the error 821

@bonnieho 

If you did not get past the payment section:

• Wait an hour (since SIM locks for that long) 
  • clear your browser's cache and cookies or try a different browser
  • open a tab in incognito mode 
  • then try the activation again

OR you could try this method to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

If you did get charged, insert your SIM and reboot your phone, then see if you have any services.

Need Help? Let's chat.