cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a problem with the data usage?

bella_e
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I have a plan with 4.5gb and i have used around 1.2 and have no more data.

I started with Public on September 7th and if I see my Usage History on Plan and add ons I only come up to 1.2

So, is there somewhere else where the usage is shown that I am not seeing it? Or am I just missing 3 gigs?  I have absolutely no more data though so I assume I am just not seeing something.

Thanks for your help!!

9 REPLIES 9

@vicmobile1  Is the plan data showing on your overview page in your account? Did you see it there after your plan renewed? Check your data tracker in your phone and your apps to see if there is an obvious large chunk of data used between now and when your plan renewed. Checking the battery use of your apps can also give you an idea of what might have used it.

There is also a possibility that your renewal did not reset your plan data correctly or at all. Did you recieve a notification/text indicating your data was almost finished? If you think the data has not been reset properly contact the moderators by clicking on the (?) At the bottom right corner of the screen to submit a ticket via simon explaining your issue. Type account specific issue and then type human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

Check your usage for the"web" data usage for today and yesterday.

@vicmobile1  Which plan are you on? Just taking a quick look at the plans, I don't see any that come with 4GB..... do you mean that your plan is allotted something more than 4GB, but your account is now showing 4GB less than it should?

vicmobile1

I just renewed my plan on March 08/2020 that was yesterday and 4 Gigs of Data are gone, but I didn't download anything. There was just a suden jump in Data, what happend.

@bella_e wrote:

Thanks! might try this as well...

If under your plan there is no data shown at all...just your unlimited minutes and texts features then you have used all your data. You can look under "my plan " on the overview page and click on usage. You can then review your usage of all features. Set for last 30 days. You can the review all the data usage listed as "web" to see if there is a discrepancy  in your usage but it is likely you used it up. Did you get a text message warning you...you have used up 90% of your data from pm? As well in future set your data saver, data tracker, and connect to WiFi settings on your phone to conserve use and prevent updates when not on WiFi. Go thru your apps and turn off data permissions for all but your most important apps when off WiFi. You can see how much they use. This should save you enough data to make it thru the month. The data add on while good because it rolls over is expensive. You could change plans by taking advantage of the $50 plan with 8.5gb only $10 more than your current plan. If you can wait a week schedule it to change on next renewal if you can't wait because you need the data you can change now but you will lose rewards for this cycle (might be ok if you only have Auto pay $2). You cannot renew your current plan without the moderators.  If your data does not add up and you think you've been shortchanged then message the moderators.

bella_e

Thanks! might try this as well...

bella_e

Thanks, so I guess it disappears (since on that screen I see none.) and the usage list is just something else. I find  it really weird... I thought it would show in the usage all 4.5 and not just some...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bella_e  When looking st your usage as @popping has supplied an example of....if it's there you do have data. As you say you have used 1.2gb....have you made any account changes? Added $$ or bought an add on etc.... There are a few things to try with your phone and then your account. 

Reboot phone. Remove SIM, wait 5min, reinsert, power up. Toggle airplane mode on/off. Check data settings...you may have accidently turned one of them off. Roaming, data saver, mobile data, networks, hotspot....check them all. If these all fail you can try the lost/stolen trick....your rewards may get delayed....log in to your account. Go to plans/add one. Tap lost/stolen phone. Report lost. Log out. Wait 5 min. Log back in. Report found. Log out. Reboot phone. You could remove SIM again too.... All still a fail then msg moderator thru Simon (?) to enable data for you.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi

What does your overview page say how much you have used?

What phone are you using?

Did anything change with your phone, any kind off resets or upgrades you can remember recently

Try restarting phone

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bella_e wrote:

Hi I have a plan with 4.5gb and i have used around 1.2 and have no more data.

I started with Public on September 7th and if I see my Usage History on Plan and add ons I only come up to 1.2

So, is there somewhere else where the usage is shown that I am not seeing it? Or am I just missing 3 gigs?  I have absolutely no more data though so I assume I am just not seeing something.

Thanks for your help!!

What is your data usage line saying on your overview page after login?

The following data usage lines on my $40 5GB plan.  I used 3239MB out of my 5120MB data allotment.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    1GB Promo
    0  /  1024 MB
    5GB at 3G Speed
    3239.862  /  5120 MB

BTW, if you do not see the data usage line, you have used all your data allotment for the current 30 days cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.