cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Public Mobile Community RSS feed?

triplecheck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am new to Public Mobile and I'm looking to help out around the forum.

Currently, I'm reloading the page every few minutes to check for any new posts, but I was wondering: is there an existing RSS feed for new posts/questions that I could subscribe to? 

I tried finding a service that does URL-to-RSS but they are all paid. 

PS. Do new messages in the community update automatically?

PPS. Do the English and French communities contain the same posts, but translated?

Sorry for all of the newbie questions

------------------------------------------

Edit: Just pressed the 3 dots to edit my message and saw the RSS option

6 REPLIES 6

Yes, you can use RSS reader software as one of the solutions. The downside of doing that is someone has to take the time to install and then learn a new piece of software.

The beauty of the solution at the link above is that there is nothing new to install or learn and notifications for new material that you choose to follow comes directly to your email.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes. I get announcements on Feedly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@triplecheck wrote:

PS. Do new messages in the community update automatically?

PPS. Do the English and French communities contain the same posts, but translated?

Posts will show up almost immediately. As you've seen.

There is no cross-over. The calculation of the community reward would combine them though.

@pm-smayer97 and @RobertQc have done some work around RSS. I just keep refreshing when I'm actively on.

triplecheck

Okay, so after poking around some more, it looks like there are RSS feeds for individual threads as well as large categories

@RabbitEffectThat's normal, RSS needs something to read the code. If we plug the URL into something like https://www.inoreader.com/ then we can get updates on posts 🙂

triplecheck_1-1631134933980.png

RabbitEffect

Also a newbie so I'd love to hear some of these answered as well! Thanks for starting this post.

I tried the "Subscribe to RSS Feed" option on the Announcements page but I got a message saying, "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below" and a bunch of code under it. I'm not sure if this is an issue on my end or the website's end. 😕

Need Help? Let's chat.