cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No minutes available?

mtop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I've got $26 in available funds on a $15/month plan. My next payment is due only next month. I have an active add-on for Canada-Wide calls. I can't make outgoing calls. Any idea why?

Thanks!

35 REPLIES 35

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Nice edit after the abyssment. 🙂

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@mtop wrote:

@softech @Anonymous @darlicious @Anonymous Thanks guys for your help. Very much appreciated. Poor reception is not likely to be the problem because I make most of my calls from downtown Toronto. As suggested, I will try another device. Thanks once again! 

If you don't have another phone, have you at least tried re-seating the SIM card (remove, wait a few minutes, reinstall carefully) ?

Also try to reset network settings.

@mtop 

Try adding a $1 manual top up. If that works then this is adding up to a sim provisioning issue. You might as well open a support ticket and ask the CSA's to reprovision your sim card and reset your account.

mtop

@softech @Anonymous @darlicious @Anonymous Thanks guys for your help. Very much appreciated. Poor reception is not likely to be the problem because I make most of my calls from downtown Toronto. As suggested, I will try another device. Thanks once again! 

mtop

@darlicious I'm in Toronto. 

@mtop If it happened last month, too, I wonder if reception in your area might be the issue?

You might want to get a VoIP app like Fongo or TextNow as a backup, just in case it happens a lot.  They are VoIP app, as long as you have data or Wifi, you can use it to make outgoing calls.  Also possible for you to forward incoming calls when unavailable to those voip app.   This is a good app as a backup.  If you still need to make the urgent call now and if you have Wifi/Data, maybe setup one now and make the call first

For your issue, since buying another add-on last month make it works again, I think there is a chance if you move the SIM to another phone would correct the issue, too.  Try it

mtop

@Anonymous Sure, appreciate your help.

mtop

@softech Well, it seems the 100 mins included in the plan are not used up.

Why 996 mins? Same thing happened to me last month. My outgoing calls got blocked. Public mobile told me I used up all my minutes. So what I did was that I purchased the 500 add-on, and it did the trick. I guess that once I purchased the extra minutes, the minutes included in my plan got active again after some time (four minutes later to be precise).

So when my outgoing calls got blocked again this month, and I needed to make an urgent call, I added another 500 add-on. This time, however, it didn't work.

Sorry for so much text. Tried to make it as brief and clear as possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mtop : Yes, that tells us that you most likely have active service.

You're being a great sport going along with all of us pitching in by the way. We're a helpful bunch when the customer is actively engaged. Keep trying the different ideas. Something might trigger it to work if only even just some time.

@mtop 

The reason I ask is calls on public mobile only use the 3G network. Data and texts can use both the 3G and the 4G LTE network. The issue could be the network vs your device. Where are you located?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : They likely had the 500 minutes, used 4, bought another 500 minutes, it takes the remainder of the first one and adds the new one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mtop 

do you can test your SIM card in another device,

i think they issue with network,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

mtop

@darlicious haven't tried text. Will do that on another device. When I get a hold of one... 

@mtop   you 100 minutes are not even finished yet..

why is that 0 / 996 minutes and not  0/ 1000?

mtop

@Anonymous Is that what you mean?

mtop_0-1632770848189.png

@mtop 

Do you have data and text working? If so it could be the 3G network at play as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mtop : Good. Now how about the account status...Active? What is the pay before date up top?

mtop

@softech @darlicious yeah, same thing with other numbers. Will remove the sim card and try with another phone. It must be the device. I don't see any other possibilities.  

mtop

@Anonymous sure, there you go:

mtop_0-1632770380028.png

@mtop wrote:

@softech yes, I added 1 in front of the number. I now have 996 Canada-Wide mins available. Guess will do sh**loads of talking once I get this thing fixed.

close to 17 hours of talking... but good that PM will cut your calls at 120 min. mark and let you go out and stretch a bit before coming back to talk  🙂

are incoming calls working?   

did you try calling different numbers?

maybe try what @darlicious suggested, take the sim out for 10 mins and test on a second phone if you have one around.

mtop

@softech yes, I added 1 in front of the number. I now have 996 Canada-Wide mins available. Guess will do sh**loads of talking once I get this thing fixed.

@mtop 

Remove your sim card for 10 minutes. If possible put it in another phone and that phones sim card in yours...reboot both phones. Check for service. Test call. Switch back and reboot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mtop : How about trading a 1000 words for a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

@mtop   you tried putting a 1 in front of the 10 digits number?

how many minutes showing on your Canada-wide calling add-on?

mtop

@softech @Anonymous rebooted my phone, still the same thing (you have used all your minutes). Any other guesses?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mtop 

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

@mtop 

Try rebooting your phone. Can you call 611?

@mtop   Try to manually key in the number.  Make sure to  add a 1 in front of the 10 digits number , like 16041234567 and see if the call goes through.

If not, reboot your phone once more

Need Help? Let's chat.