cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the 4G plan worth it?

oldslow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mybe its been asked...I have been with  public mobile a few years in Calgary.

Will I note any speed increase by moving to the 4G plan?

5 REPLIES 5

@oldslow wrote:

Mybe its been asked...I have been with  public mobile a few years in Calgary.

Will I note any speed increase by moving to the 4G plan?

Here's what I thnk:

The question for many customers might not be if 4g plans are worth it, but rather a question of if $41.25 is worth it.  I find the current plan lineup to not only be confusing, but also a case of Public Mobile providing too many options.  

I believe that the 3g plans above $35 (so, $40 and up) should all be phased out.  I believe that most cutomers will be much happier with the $41.25 plan vs. the $40.00 plan, even though the $41.25 plan includes 1GB less data than the $40 3g plan.  Wtith the $45 4g plan, and now the new $55 4g 20GB plan, Public Mobile isn't really charging more just for the "4g". They're really just charging more for the additional data. 

I believe that it would be simpler for Public Mobile tto just say "4g LTE speeds included with all plans $40+, although I'm aware that's not currently the case.  As for the $13, $15, $25, and $35 plans, I would argue that the smaller data amounts included (or no data included with the $13 plan) make the data speed less of an issue, regardless.  

So, how about it Public Mobile when it comes to just getting rid of this "3g" stuff entirely?  For years, this "3g" emphasis has greatly damaged the brand reputation.  With the reintroduction of the "4g" plans, what purpose do these "3g" plans really serve now?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@oldslow 

If you are not streaming movies which will eat up your data.

3G is all you need for everyday usage. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@oldslow , the speed difference is noticeable.  That said, the old cliché don't fix if it ain't broke probably applies here.  If you are not really seeing a performance issue that could be addressed by faster download speed, then the 4G plan is unlikely to be worth the extra cost. 

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@oldslow hi for everyday use the 3g is just fine you may notice things loading a little faster also if you watch a lot of videos it would be better, but all in all I like 3g just fine, so it's a matter of preference

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@oldslow 

depends how to use it you can use all limi by one day or you can save it by a month.

it's not about worth it or not worth it.. think how much you need data to used and how much you like to pay each 30 day think about it and your choise to change plan.

tipc: use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page

and go to Plan & Add-ons, and scroll the plans using the down and up arrows on the far right. select the plan you want, and select ‘Change plan now’ then you pay full price plan, or ‘Change plan on renewal date’..to you not losing any money..

Need Help? Let's chat.