cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone experiencing network issues?

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is anyone experiencing issues connecting to the network today?  My SIM card had been working fine until this morning when my iphone continued to show "searching" but it did not say "no sim".  When I inserted my sim card into another phone of mines, it said "no sim".

I am unsure whether it is because my sim card had just died and is faulty (after a few days) or if it is because there is a network connectivity issue.  FYI.. I live in the GTA.

Any help would be great,

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

It could always be a local service outage.  You can fine many "live status" maps on google which show mobile service outages, this is the best one I've found for my region.

You may need to move out of range of a nearby "dying" cell tower and into the range of another "working" one.  And perhaps restart/reboot your device to initiate a good connection.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You are correct to assume that cancellation of your ChatR account would be triggered by your porting the number to PM.  

What happens when you call your phone number?  

Can you sign into your selfserve account and verify that everything is ok.. as in Account status active, correct plan, etc?  https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Also, I know its a low possibility, but are you sure that the phone has the public mobile sim inserted and not chatR?

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks, I've tried everything from restarting, to airplane mode, to changing sim cards.  I've just noticed that my ChatR account is gone (it was working earlier).  I am wondering if my account is ported, and whether there would be a chance that it affected the sim card... did anyone ever experience something like this?

Mods, any help?

@Shazia_K @Jeremy_M

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Balanceman, No known network outage in the last hour from downtown to north york.  I have been online and on the road.  

Try enabling the airplane mode for a few seconds and then disable it.  

Restart the phone.

Hold down home and power buttons simultaneously until you see apple logo and the phone restarts.  

See if any of this resolved the issue.

If not, test your sim card in another phone if possible.  

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My phone works fine. I am in Ontario. 

Need Help? Let's chat.