cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone

JPrieto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Iphone does not appear on the list of compatible phones. Do you know why? thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Sjquintin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I check this setting in iPhone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JPrieto : Ok I gotta say it...iphones are made by Apple. There's a good list of compatible _models_ under the Apple _brand_ (Edit: though as mentioned, not exhaustive). What exact model are you shopping for?

@JPrieto wrote:

Didn't buy the iphone yet. It does appear that it is supported (from other messages etc.) but i was wondering why it doesn't appear on the public mobile list of compatible brands at all...

@JPrieto 

Yes, the compatibility checker can be misleading, but as @Dunkman mentions it is not kept up to date regularly.

JPrieto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Didn't buy the iphone yet. It does appear that it is supported.  Issue solved. Thank you!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JPrieto wrote:

Iphone does not appear on the list of compatible phones. Do you know why? thank you

@JPrieto 

Iphones are usually A-ok, but, always good to check whether a phone will work with any provider, especially Public Mobile. Use more than one source to be sure.

Here are a couple:

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA

https://willmyphonework.net

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JPrieto : Um...you know who _makes_ iphone right? You didn't say which exact model you have though.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JPrieto 

The compatibility list is not up-to-date and some newer phones are not immediately updated.  Which iPhone are you inquiring about?

The new iPhones are compatible with Public mobile, but some of the newer features are not available with PM.  Ie. Wifi calling, eSIM, etc.  

Another way to check phone compatibility:

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).  band 12, band 5, band 2, band 1, band 4
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).   B2, B5

3G = 850 (5), 1900 (2)

4G = 850 (5), 1900 (2), 700 (12/13/17/29), 1700/2100 (4), 2600 (7), 1700/2100 (66)

Just make sure that the new phone has the above frequency bands.  

Need Help? Let's chat.