cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim

marywaterman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve had my SIM card about 2 years. Suddenly yesterday I started showing up “invalid sim” it has come back and now is doing it again. Any suggestions? Will getting a new SIM card fix this issue? I have an iPhone 7

2 REPLIES 2

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@marywaterman wrote:

I’ve had my SIM card about 2 years. Suddenly yesterday I started showing up “invalid sim” it has come back and now is doing it again. Any suggestions? Will getting a new SIM card fix this issue? I have an iPhone 7

@marywaterman 

Can you try the SIM into another compatible phone and see if you have the same results?

If so, then, check the last 4-digits of the SIM card number and ensure it matches the same number on our Self Serve account under the "Change Sim Card" selection under the My Profile area.

If the numbers match GREAT! 

But that means you may need a new SIM card, which you can swap yourself in your Self Serve account.

If they do not match then someone has been fraudulent on your account. List phone as Lost/Stolen and check your financials.

Let CSA know about this, by either these two methods: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@marywaterman Try taking it out and clean it a bit. If that does not work, you will need a new sim. Try messaging PM CS agent. Also try any other working sim to see if your iPhone is not experiencing any hardware issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.