Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid locked network SIM card inserted

Loriandbbb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

went to walmart to get a SIM card for public

i just finished my contract with another provider and wanted to switch

not sure what walmart did but they wanted to set up my account and activate card 

meanwhile I hadn’t unlocked my phone yet. And they deleted my accouant

sheez

anyhow I’ve double checked and its the right sim card

but i get the message Invalid pm code

i PRIVATE MESSAGED THE MODERATOR TEAM NOW

AND let them know all my information so they can check

hope they can fix me up soon. As i have no phone now

17 REPLIES 17

@Loriandbbb wrote:

my phone would NOT unlock with bell. BEll told me i had to send my phone in to get techs to look at it. and it maybe phones fault and if so im responsible. they would try to unlock for me

Thanx for the update, good to hear PM is working for you.

I would take the Bell-locked phone to a Bell wireless store.  One owned by Bell - not a cellular kiosk that just carries Bell - so they'll be legally obligated to deal with the problem promptly instead of trying to stall or pass the buck upwards.

I've done enough unlocks to know that the process literally takes minutes ... although waiting for the unlock code can take up to a day (maybe even two) when corporate bureaucracy is feeling sluggish.

Loriandbbb

update

YAY finally im with public mobile and all is good.

the bad part is. i had to use a different phone (im glad i kept) 

my phone would NOT unlock with bell. BEll told me i had to send my phone in to get techs to look at it. and it maybe phones fault and if so im responsible. they would try to unlock for me

i had another phone and got that ulocked yay! and going to use this.

im determined to save $$  . "that other company" is too  $$$$ and whats the point of paying extra for a call centre when most of the time when you call, you get wrong answers etc etc

all is good thanks guys

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Don't keep trying to unlock it if it's not working Bell told me if you try unsuccessfully to many times it will be permanently locked to their network. I'm not sure if that is legal now but I'm sure it will be another hassle, you know being a Bell customer and all.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Loriandbbb,

thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience purchasing a SIM at your local Wal-Mart. I'm really sorry to hear that you were obligated to activate the sim in store vs at home and that you're also unable to use your phone. I can confirm that we have received your private message and we will look into it shortly.

Kind regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Loriandbbb

yes fustrated at walmart too. just leaving me hangin

sorry guys!!! i just realized im posting afew times. I thought iwas replying to each answer

hahaha oopsy!

Thanks for all replying and ill be hopefully solving this today! 

im calling bell now its 8:10 and they are open! 

i think i have 2 problems. One locked device

and not working sim card

🙂

Loriandbbb

me too I was with bell.

walmart set up my account , they insisted.

but it deleted my bell.

i called bell too. and they gave me the code. and i found it too.

but

the code doesnt work

im not sure what happened.

my phone says needs master unlock code. 

i hope we didnt try toooo many times! i hear it locks it or damages

ill call bell again today

Loriandbbb

Thanks everyone for replying to my questions. appreciated.

ill update when it gets solved. 

Loriandbbb

Thank you for your reply here

I think i may have double trouble 🙂

i think you are correct its locked

and

sim card issue

my phone says Device locked, now  I was with Bell (shhhh) and 

we tried the code to unlock and it says unsuccessful. so im dealing with bell now

they gave me the code again on the phone and it wont

so i have to call a different department today

meanwhile no phone .

ugh wish walmart didnt try to set up this account for us. as I wanted to unlock, but in the process walmart deleted my bell account and the info to unlock

Loriandbbb

thank you

ok ill wait to then 

That being said, it seems pretty irresponsible (incompetent) for a cellular dealer to activate and set up the phone without actually testing it before it leaves the store.  It only takes a minute to send/receive a test call and a test text, maybe even open up the browser to confirm mobile data is also online - and if it doesn't work (when it did before!) then no useful service is actually being provided, it's just setting the stage for an frustrated/angry customer to demand it gets fixed later.

End-users are already quite able to break their phone service and mess things up without any "help" from a vendor, lol.

fsm7268
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

yes. Your old provider has to unlock for you for free. It's the new by law. Call them and get a code. Welcome to PM!

jp2

I'm glad they have to sell phones unlocked from the beginning now. This will make it less hassle to move around. 

FYI when I used bells website to get an unlock code it said I was not eligible. I called them and they gave me one right away; don't waste your time with the bell website. If you are with Bell

LEGO

@Loriandbbb Your old mobile provider will unlock your phone for free, but only if your account with them is in good standing. If your relationship is ended badly, you are out of luck! You would need to take your phone somewhere else and pay for unlocking.

jp2

Make sure your old carrier doesn't charge you for the unlock code. They are now required by law to provide it for free

jp2

It sounds to me that your phone might be locked to someone else other than Telus.

If that's the case, Public Mobile can't help you with that.  You would need to first get your phone unlocked.  The carrier that the phone was originally locked to would be responsible for that or you could purchase an unlock code from one of many people who sell them online.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Loriandbbb unfortunately coverage ends for the day at 7:30PM Eastern (in about 23 mins), so it might not be until tomorrow that you hear from them.  What network is your phone locked to, though?  You will need to contact the company the phone is locked to to have them unlock it for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.