cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

Looney
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I entered all my details and after clicking the last page on credit card information, i got an error message. I went in again and then it says my SIM is invalid. I waited1 hour and again the same thing. This time it also says I didnt enter a referral code (which I did, my friend referred me) and that my user name account is also invalid.

I then tried logging into the self serve account and that failed.

I then tried inserted the public mobile SIM into my phone and immediately got an SMS from 611 saying "an email confirmation including your activation & payment inforation will be sent shortly". I am also on the public mobile network. But the data isnt working when i turn off the WIFI and I cant seem to call myself on the number i chose. So does it work or not?

10 REPLIES 10

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rearoblesmount they traditionally have 16 or 20, I forget which amount PM has.

rearoblesmount
  • I have 20 digit sim card number.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luddite : Before I try it out...what if it was the same filename? Can one overwrite the existing one with the same filename? Then would it remain linked?

@Anonymous Have no idea about overwriting an image. But do know for certain that deleting an image removes it from all your relevant posts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@Jb456  FYI: Just remembered that you mentioned somewhere planning to change your "bubble" image to the one without the "?".  Be sure you do not delete the one with the ? hoping replace it with the new one. Doing so will delete the old image from ALL the posts where it was used. 

@Luddite : Before I try it out...what if it was the same filename? Can one overwrite the existing one with the same filename? Then would it remain linked?

@Jb456  FYI: Just remembered that you mentioned somewhere planning to change your "bubble" image to the one without the "?".  Be sure you do not delete the one with the ? hoping replace it with the new one. Doing so will delete the old image from ALL the posts where it was used. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Looney  Sounds like your account was not properly configured to the activation error. Something is stuck in the system and the account did not provision correctly. 

You will have to open a ticket for moderators (They work for Public Mobile) and will resolve the situation.

Thanks for mentioning you ha e an iPhone. iPhone APN is only ISP.mb.com.  You can try to change it to SP.mb.com. Then reboot phone to see if data works. It may not work at the moment due to the provisioning issues as nothing else is working on your phone at the moment. So you'd really need to wait for moderators to fix your account.

If after it's fixed and data is still not working. Then plug your phone with the wire to a computer and open iTunes. See if it pushes any updates to the phone. Change ISP to SP. 

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Looney

@Jb456 

Hi,

I replied once but I cant see the reply anymore so i'm typing this again.

Currently my phone shows its connected to public mobile and when i turn off the wifi i see LTE at the corner. My friend can't call me and I cannot load any webpages. I tried calling my friend and the public mobile voice comes up saying "my plan doesnt have talk included" Which is weird because I chose the $40 plan. By the way my friend got the SMS about the referral

My phone is an Iphone XR. I'm not sure what an APN is or how to change it. I searched it up and under "mobile data" "mobile data network" "personal hotspot" APN shows isp.mb.com.

Ive tried your link to enter the number I chose and it says my phone number isnt valid. I've tried logging in with the email and password I provided during the activation process. Its not working. It seems I dont have an account.

Thanks

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have had the same exact issue at startup, I have had to redo my activation a few times, it even prompted me to wait 50minutes before retrying. Waiting an hour might help

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Looney 

So it would seem that although the system encountered some type of error you were actually charged and your sim was activated.

Please go to link below to try and manually create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

As for the referral code. Likely the first time when the sim actually worked/activated it was entered correctly. The $10 signup credit is applied within 72 hours so at your end you wouldn't be able to see anything that it worked correctly. However if you reach your friend have them log into their self serve account. If it was entered correctly their "Referrals" under "My Rewards" should have went up by $1. Also if they actually click "My Rewards" then on next page if they click the arrow for "Total rewards earned" it would show the last 4 digits on the phone numbers that they have referred. 

esjliv_0-1598444864917.png

Around 9am Eastern they should also get a text message. 

Screenshot_20201231_055608.jpg

Don't worry and keep us posted on this. You can always get the bonus after the fact by contacting mods. Just check with your friend first if it worked or not.

As for data not working. What is the make and model of your phone? It's likely your APN settings are not correct. If you can add a new APN and it is an android phone try these.

Screenshot_20200617_075827.jpg

  

Save and reboot then try data.

Keep us posted on your account creation, data & friend referral. 

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.