cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM number when I absolutely entered a correct one? Checked 10 times.

Malaschar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anybody know why or how to address this? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Malaschar 

Yeah you probably won't be very successful with that SIM card. You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at corporate telus and koodo stores. Google for ones in your area and call ahead to make sure they have Public Mobile SIM cards in stock and for sale at the MRSP of $10+tax.

Alternatively you can order one online from public mobile or Amazon. Amazon is much faster at delivery although Public Mobile sometimes can deliver within three to five business days they can also take up to 3 weeks.

Once you have your Public Mobile SIM card you can activate your account and choose to either import your phone number in upon activation or do it afterwards from within your cell service account exception to this rule is PC Mobile and Koodo prepaid accounts. With these two providers you must contact customer support after activation with a temporary number for them to complete the transfer for you. Landlines and VoIP providers take between two business days up to 10+business days to complete the port. You should also choose a temporary number if you are reporting in from these providers.

I now prefer to choose a temporary number from Alberta so as to only pay GST for your plan upon activation you can then change your phone number or port it in from your current provider.

When you activate be sure to clear your browser reboot your device and you may use secret / incognito mode if you wish. It's a good idea to take screenshots of your activation so that you record the info entered like your email, password, 4 digit account pin number and and your friend's referral code for your $10 bonus referral credit and your promo code if you're activating at least a $25 plan and check back here in the community for current promotions.

If you do not have a referral code you may private message any community member you wish has to be their friend and ask for their referral code. They will be happy to oblige. Unsolicited referral codes are against the rules and should not be used these members are not your friends.

Welcome to the public mobile community!

@Malaschar 

So I am assuming the first 10 digit 89122 30000 on the PM SIM is the same?

Don't enter the other carrier's SIM number, just the 9 digit on the PM SIM.

You need to pickup a new PM SIM from your local Telus/Koodo store or order from Amazon. Don't order from PM because it could take up to 3 weeks to arrive.

Once you have the PM SIM then activate the SIM but leave your old SIM in your phone and wait for a text confirming you are porting your old number over to PM. You have 90 minutes to confirm or the porting process will be canceled.

You need a Public sim.

Malaschar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yup, it is from another carrier. I'm just trying to transfer the number over. I am trying to set up my Public Mobile account right now but it just wont accept my sim card number.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Have you put it in a phone to see what it does?

Are all the first numbers on the card the same as in tge entry screen?

Are you activating a new account or changing your sim in your account?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Malaschar 

If it is a PM SIM, it will start with 89122 30000 then 9 digit number.

If it doesn't have the same 10 digit start number then the SIM is from another carrier.

Check to see if it is the same.

Need Help? Let's chat.