cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International texts

Rita13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After updating my package I realized that I stopped getting text messages from abroad.

7 REPLIES 7

@Rita13 wrote:

System text from overseas, last time I was able to get a message from the same system was on April 2023

@Rita13 - so you were able to received texts from this number, while being a Public Mobile customer, in April 2023...but now you cannot, once you changed your plan package?

Have you:

• restarted your phone
  • tried a reset of your network settings on your device
  • tried the SIM card into another phone to see if issue persists?

If after trying the SIM card into another phone, and still having an issue, i'd suggest to ask CSA what the issue could be, and why this happened.

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Rita13

I was getting texts for years, how I can change what has been changed in my package?

Rita13

I am in Canada. And I do have an unlimited international text package.

@Rita13 

please note that international shortcode text, like 2FA text from US banks, are not guaranteed., it is a hit or miss. Regular international text are ok but not shortcodes.  It might work here or  on some providers sometime,  experience show it could break.  Since it is not a guarantee service, there is nothing much you can do 

only Canadian shortcode text found here are guaranteed 

https://www.txt.ca/en/current-short-code-programs/

Rita13

System text from overseas, last time I was able to get a message from the same system was on April 2023

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Rita13  Are you out of the country right now ? Or you mean not getting text from abroad while here at home in Canada ? If so this would be a issue from the people texting you 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rita13 peoples text or system text from overseas??

Need Help? Let's chat.