cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Text Agreements

cellphonesaver
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi all! Can anyone point me to Telus international texting carrier list agreements? It used to be on their site but can't find it anymore.

It seems that for one carrier I sent text it's only working one way (they get my text from PM, but can't respond back).

Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7

cellphonesaver

It's still hit and miss for me. Some people can respond, some can't. Strange. And one message came as 011 and then everything else after it 

cellphonesaver

You misunderstood a bit : they are able to receive  but couldn't respond back. Texts in Belarus is free for incoming  and for any outgoing text cost is very minimal  The destination doesn't matter too.

I agree messengers area more secure and reliable  but again the problem is that some people have WhatsApp  others are Viber etc. Some people don't use them and just use texts . 

Anyways, I've left feedback on Telus site and magically received text from my friend from Life Belarus. 

Most likely it's a matter of business request to allow messages back from Telus side

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cellphonesaver wrote:

Thanks, unfortunately this is not helpful 😞

Sometimes text is the fastest way to reach some people

No it's not helpful... but texts lacks security and reliability in general.  The worldwide implementation of SMS all depends on each carrier and it can be that the carrier in Belarus just doesn't like the free texts coming from Canada, since many countries in the world charge an arm-and-a-leg for texts.

As a suggestion, Signal, WhatsApp or Viber are excellent complimentary tools to texting.  When you use Signal on an Android phone it can replace the provided Android texting app and works seamlessly with it - detecting if your contact is also using Signal and immediately sending free encrypted text messages through internet.  When a contact doesn't have Signal installed it sends the message as a standard SMS instead.  No signup or special usernames needed (although it does need to send you an SMS to confirm you control the phone number you register).

cellphonesaver

Thanks, unfortunately this is not helpful 😞

Sometimes text is the fastest way to reach some people

cellphonesaver

Life(BeST) carrier in Belarus

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is the link in the Telus site about international text.  There is no discussion of agreements.  I get similar issues texting to/from UK.  My solution is to avoid using text which is archaic and should not have survived this long.  Messaging apps which use data are so much more reliable. 

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/text-messages-international

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Which carrier are you having a problem with?

Need Help? Let's chat.