cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect province when choosing plan

bkuyen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I just activated my sim card this morning. When choosing plan, I did not change the province to Quebec (where I currently live) so the plan is $25/month instead of $23. What should I do now

7 REPLIES 7

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am   that statement is slightly incorrect there has been some regional promotions for for quebec residents only in the past, typically in the form of $ plan credit or additional data.

currently $48 get 8.5gb in BC while quebec gets 9.5

Thanks for correcting me.  Brain freeze this morning.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am   that statement is slightly incorrect there has been some regional promotions for for quebec residents only in the past, typically in the form of $ plan credit or additional data.

currently $48 get 8.5gb in BC while quebec gets 9.5

bkuyen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bkuyen , Public Mobile does not have regional pricing.  Everyone in Canada pays the same price for all plans.  In QC, their laws allow a different marketing than the rest of Canada and so plans appear to be $2 less.  In all cases, customers need to enable autopay to get the $2 reward.  Taxation is determined by the area code of the phone number you have in the account.  The address on file can be changed by the customer at any time.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bkuyen wrote:

Hi all,

I just activated my sim card this morning. When choosing plan, I did not change the province to Quebec (where I currently live) so the plan is $25/month instead of $23. What should I do now

Nothing. For some reason this place differentiates Quebec with the net price after autopay. It's the same thing as the normal plan with autopay. You still need autopay on though. Marketing...what'r'y'gonna do.

Edit: the "$28" and "$48" plans are on promo with more data than other provinces. The "$28" is also on $5 cheaper

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @bkuyen 

In Quebec, the advertised pricing includes the $2.00 auto-pay discount in the posted price.

To get to $23, just make sure auto-pay is setup and enabled.

Also, check your self-serve, under Edit Profile.   Confirm that your complete address is correctly listed there.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.