cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect number ported from Rogers

Public28
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got my SIM today to join PM and asked for my Rogers number to be ported but PM ported the wrong number for me - it was my Rogers number but with one different digit.

When I put in my old Rogers SIM to at least use my old carrier to call or text, find out my Rogers number is no longer active, so they obviously got the right number to disconnect me. Also, the number PM ported to me is someone else’s because when I call it, it is someone’s answering machine. What’s going on and what can I do to fix this debacle? 

9 REPLIES 9

@Public28 wrote:

Didn’t do it online and gave an accurate number, which was repeated back to me multiple times, as I was adamant I did not want to move carriers if I could not keep my number.  Also, given that my Rogers number no longer works, I know they got the correct number.  Will write to the Moderator but seems to be a very inefficient way to solve a problem that was created by someone changing one digit.  Will have to wait for someone to write me back, within 48 hrs, and now have an unusable phone. Not a good welcome to PM. 

Someone had to do it online. If not you maybe at a dealer? If so I suspect they have messed it up not PM directly. JMHO....

Public28

That’s a good idea.  Will go tomorrow. Thx!!

@Public28 wrote:

Didn’t do it online and gave an accurate number, which was repeated back to me multiple times, as I was adamant I did not want to move carriers if I could not keep my number.  Also, given that my Rogers number no longer works, I know they got the correct number.  Will write to the Moderator but seems to be a very inefficient way to solve a problem that was created by someone changing one digit.  Will have to wait for someone to write me back, within 48 hrs, and now have an unusable phone. Not a good welcome to PM. 

@Public28  Was it at the Public Mobile kiosk or a third party retailer that setup the port? If it was at the kiosk I would go back and ask them to fix it for you.

@Public28 wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Public28 wrote:

I agree. That's why I said oh dear. But it's the support model here.

But welcome nonetheless 🙂

Public28

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Public28 , it seems incredible that the wrong phone number is ported,  You need to provide the associated account number and account owner's name.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Public28 wrote:

Just got my SIM today to join PM and asked for my Rogers number to be ported but PM ported the wrong number for me - it was my Rogers number but with one different digit.

When I put in my old Rogers SIM to at least use my old carrier to call or text, find out my Rogers number is no longer active, so they obviously got the right number to disconnect me. Also, the number PM ported to me is someone else’s because when I call it, it is someone’s answering machine. What’s going on and what can I do to fix this debacle? 

@Public28  Did you setup the port via online? Is it possible that you entered the incorrect number?

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Public28 wrote:

Oh dear.

You will need assistance from the  @Moderator_Team < Click this.

Need Help? Let's chat.