cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent promotion data plan

ptzptzptz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! 

I activated the account today for the 2GB $30 plan (I am in QC). However, I noticed the plan only shows 1.5GB at 3G speed. It is uncertain to me whether the bonus data (500MB) is recurring, although, the message from google promotion that I saw is "Get 2GB for just $35/mo. For a limited time, get 500MB of bonus data every month when you activate on our $35 plan online.¹"

I would be grateful if someone can clarify this. Yes, I turned on auto-pay.

Below are what I saw in the account details:

Data & Data Add-Ons
 NameData Limit* (MB)Data Used** (MB)Remaining Data (MB)Status
1.5GB at 3G Speed1536------Active
500MB bonus data500------Active

Thank you very much!

21 REPLIES 21

@Pawprints1986  here in Quebec we have a service provider called Videotron..there 3rd teir is Fizz mobile. VideoTron uses Rogers network.

Anyways fizz plan offers 2 gigs for $32 ...so I presume the deal is only for Quebec to beat Fizz price.

@Pawprints1986  yeah I'm not sure, from a marketing point its probably because Public doesn't have a huge amount of francophone speaking members and they want to sequester more?

Im not too bothered by it, so far Public seems to have a good mix of new offer plans for new individuals and also for current members. They are doing a far better job then I have ever aeen from Bell who you had to call and ask if there were special deals for long time members. lol

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sort of on topic but does anyone know why Quebec gets better deals? I would totally sign up for 2gb at 30 dollars. But 35 isn't as worth it IMO

@ptzptzptz wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, I understand this. I thought this "unlimited" cycle indicates it was not recurring. (Think something only recurrs for an infinite amount of time).

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 3.03.29 PM.png

This just means that those two promotions will keep coming back indefiinitely during each renewal. When PUblic Mobile list promotions in this manner, one that is only good for a certain number of renewals will have a number listed instead for Current Plan Cycle.

ptzptzptz

Awesome! Thanks!

@ptzptzptz wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, I understand this. I thought this "unlimited" cycle indicates it was not recurring. (Think something only recurrs for an infinite amount of time).

@ptzptzptz   Yes that is a little confusing in that first line, but obviously the data will be limited to 2GB/30 day cycle 😊

ptzptzptz

@ptzptzptz wrote:

Thanks. It was like this. The "plan cycle" said it is unlimited, so I was quite confused there whether this is a one-time promotion.

@ptzptzptz   All PM plans (excepting $15 plan) have unlimited calling and texting, but you will be limited to whatever data is in your plan.  PM has also temporarily reduced the price of their add-on data to $15/1 GB, so you could add that to use if you ever completely use up your plan data before the renewal date.  The add-on data doesn't expire and will keep rolling over until it's completely depleted.

ptzptzptz

Thanks! I was not sure if I can use the promo code since I attempted to get today's offer. If both promo and today's free-month offer can be overlapped, I will send a private message. Thank you!

@ptzptzptz  last thing is. If you used a referral code for a$10 sign up bonus. The credit will be applied to your account within 72 hours.

ptzptzptz

Yes, I did.

ptzptzptz

Thank you! I did that part actually.

ptzptzptz

Thanks. It was like this. The "plan cycle" said it is unlimited, so I was quite confused there whether this is a one-time promotion.

@Jb456 wrote:

@hairbag1  yes I am aware which is why my first post answered OPs original question.

My second post which you quoted was me being nice suggesting that they try to get that flash sale as well since they said they activated today.

OIC...sorry 'bout that. I misunderstood the intent of the 2nd post.

I'm likely suffering from Isolation Sickness by now !!

😷

@hairbag1  yes I am aware which is why my first post answered OPs original question.

My second post which you quoted was me being nice suggesting that they try to get that flash sale as well since they said they activated today.

@Jb456 wrote:

@ptzptzptz  you should also go to this link and enter your email address for a flash sale second month free.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/flash-sale-05052020

IMPORTANT - I can't guarantee you will qualify. You said you activated today and the flash sale started today. I think you have to enter email first before activating.

Enter you email on the link and contact the moderators to see if you will qualify for it. Two ways to reach them

1-

Simon.JPG

 2- private message at link below

Click here 

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

I don't think the OP is asking about the promo that was just announced today. I reckon he's asking about the $30 Plan with 1MB + Bonus 5MB + 5MB with Autopay.

@ptzptzptz  you should also go to this link and enter your email address for a flash sale second month free.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/flash-sale-05052020

IMPORTANT - I can't guarantee you will qualify. You said you activated today and the flash sale started today. I think you have to enter email first before activating.

Enter you email on the link and contact the moderators to see if you will qualify for it. Two ways to reach them

1-

Simon.JPG

 2- private message at link below

Click here 

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ptzptzptz   My understanding of this promotion is that you will keep getting both the discount and extra data as long as your account stays active and you don't make any plan changes in the future.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@ptzptzptz Hello it shows your 1.5 Plus your 500 megs right there so you have your two gigs all together

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@ptzptzptz The bonus data is also recurring for months the promo says. Did you also signed for Autopay? it gives you extra data + 2$ off the bill.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

As long as the terms are followed it is recurring.

Limited time only. Offer available to new customers who activate online only.

$5 credit and 500MB bonus will be automatically applied to the eligible rate plan of $35/month. Discount and bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 7 business days for the discount to be applied. This offer is subject to change without notice.

Taxes are extra. The account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost each month.

4 - Plans with 4G LTE data can access maximum LTE download speeds (manufacturer rated at up to 900 Mbps; expected average speeds 12-250 Mbps). Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network. Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors. For a description of Public Mobile’s network management practices, please see https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/WirelessVideoExperience_Optimization.pdf.

Compatible device required. Data usage is rounded up each session to the nearest 10KB. Data service on BlackBerry smartphones requires the BlackBerry 10 operating system.

Need Help? Let's chat.