cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Port from Lucky

sheldonxp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! I've an existing Public account and tried porting my number from Lucky. The port is HALF working! In the sense that I can call out on the phone but nobody can call me. I got two texts saying that I need to enter the proper account # and IMEI # on my Lucky account. To my knowledge I did not have an IMEI entered on my Lucky profile, nor is there an account #. I believe with Lucky the account # is the phone #.Screenshot_20191229-112631_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20191229-112634_Messages.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

@kselmak wrote:

@sheldonxp 

I doubt that the phone number would be the account number

I suggest you talk to lucky support too

Yeah, good luck with that! When I was porting my phone #, I TRIED to talk to them, to get my account # from them, but EVERY teeny bit of contact info I could find on the 'net, either on Lucky's site, or elsewhere, always led to a phone number that has a menu system that never has an option to talk to a real person 😡 , so I gave up and used my phone's IMEI.

@sweden06 wrote:

I ported my phone number from Lucky four days ago and everything went fine. 

I only had to add the serial number of my Pixel, phone number and Lucky Account number. The port was done within an hour. 

Since my serial number has letters in it I couldn't add my number in the respective box online so I just added it to the comment section. 

The serial number they were looking for is actually your IMEI # which is of course all #'s. This won't help you for this time likely, but it will be a great option if you refer any of your Freedom Friends to PM. You can be their expert then.

Yes, I know, if they want the IMEI, why don't they ask for the IMEI. More site edits for some later date.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@sheldonxp 

I doubt that the phone number would be the account number

I suggest you talk to lucky support too

@sweden06 wrote:

I only had to add the serial number of my Pixel, phone number and Lucky Account number. The port was done within an hour. 

So, just out of curiosity, where did you get your Lucky account # from? As I mentioned above, it's not provided in the customer's online account, and their contact phone number leads to nowhere, so I'm wondering if I overlooked something..... 🤔 

@ChuckYeah wrote:

This is an old message, the form mentioned, no longer exists. I think it's long overdue for PM to fix this. IT looks like they were able to add the NEW logos to the email, why not change it to "Send a support ticket" while they were at it.

@ChuckYeah comment of the day, i just dealt with a very angry relative, i didn't know what he was talking about. So much confusion over a little statement that's so easy to retype

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Since my serial number has letters in it I couldn't add my number in the respective box online so I just added it to the comment section. 

This is an old message, the form mentioned, no longer exists. I think it's long overdue for PM to fix this. IT looks like they were able to add the NEW logos to the email, why not change it to "Send a support ticket" while they were at it.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

I ported from Lucky less than a month ago, and did the activation/port via PM's online system, because when I went to do so in-store, I didn't have my Lucky account #, and the rep just sold me the SIM.

I tried to get my Lucky account #, but it's not listed in the online account, and Lucky has a stupid endless loop menu system, such that when you try to talk to someone, you can never actually get anywhere, so I used my phone's IMEI # in the activation/port, here on PM, and it went through just fine.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Contact moderators via SIMon the chat bot.

IMEI you can get by dialing *#06# on your phone

Simon.JPG

GR
Mayor / Maire

@sheldonxp click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and explain your stuck port.  Make sure you get to submit ticket and then the moderators will get back to hopefully today and fix your port after asking you a few missing pieces of information  

Need Help? Let's chat.