cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea to attract new customers

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know in the US some carriers will test out features on their prepid brand before rolling it out to the main brand. Would be awesome if Telus did the same.  Test some features on Public Mobile to attract new customers. Then move same features to Telus if proven sucessful. Example test out better data plans or Unlimited data if Telus would allow. I know unlimited data may never happen but it's an example.

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM is a DIY mobile service.  PM subscribers need to know 

- how to determine whether a phone is locked or not and how to unlocked it

- how to setup APN for mobile data

PM community forum support is a great place for information.

Koodo has a similar support forum to offload call center support.

I don't know who got it first.  Koodo has the AI support similar to our Simon chatbot.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm sure if this is done the premium features won't be tested here. What could be tested are the features they want to roll out to all 3 brands. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@tehowennathe, it is different thinking and if this was 2 years I ago I thought it may have been possible.  I can't see Telus trying out a new feature here before providing it to the top tiers, even if they did what would they then do remove it from the service here as they will always have something that differentiates the tiers of service they provide.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tehowennathe, this is a great idea!  I have to admit, I am not familiar at all with what goes on at the US carriers.  That said, I am condition to think that third tier brands like Public Mobile never get any love.  They don't even get to offer all the features of the main brand never mind the opportunity to test pilot new ideas.  This reverse thinking if fantastic.  It would be great for attracting pioneers who want to try new plan features.  Note to self, bring this up at next chat session. 

Need Help? Let's chat.